Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't like it
granted, I watched the 2d version, but I felt it was very "american"
of course the natives are a bunch of nature loving hippies who use bows and arrows

I think it lacked a certain ability to connect with the viewer, and I never felt surprised during the movie in the same way that District 9 surprised me.

Same feeling here. D9 was dark and grimy and kept throwing surprises left-and-right. And the fact that it addresses very human issues (apartheid etc) made it compelling.

Avatar felt like watching a really long Final Fantasy opening scene.
Avatar = Thundercats + Smurfs + Dancing w/ Wolves

FANTASTIC.

always am a fan of James Cameron since Terminator, except for Titanic... erm.... anyway, this is the best movie of the year i've seen so far, in terms of entertainment value.

i'm simply blown away... and AMAZED!

watched at Bishan GV with the new funny 3D glasses. only wished my nose bridge was higher!

..the new funny 3D glasses. only wished my nose bridge was higher!

We stuffed tissue underneath to make them not slide down..ugly but works.lol:bsmilie:

We stuffed tissue underneath to make them not slide down..ugly but works.lol:bsmilie:

damn, i was annoyed with the glasses.

oh ya, theres the infrared red sensor in the middle of the glasses, when u block it, the glasses stop working ;p

There are so many different standard goggles. I watched the show at Lido yesterday, they used a simple looking black plastic goggle. There is no infra-red or battery.

But the experience was good. I wonder if the experience will be the same with other cinemas. :think:

I didn't like it
granted, I watched the 2d version, but I felt it was very "american"
of course the natives are a bunch of nature loving hippies who use bows and arrows

I think it lacked a certain ability to connect with the viewer, and I never felt surprised during the movie in the same way that District 9 surprised me.

Not surprising.. very white guilt movie! :bsmilie:

http://io9.com/5422666/when-will-white-people-stop-making-movies-like-avatar

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/28/technology/28glasses.html?ref=technology

Which type of glasses u guys seen so far?

Vivo uses Dolby 3D glasses.

Tiong Bahru, using xpanD 1 week after watching the normal (non 3D) version.

My first and last time watching 3D movies. I don't think the 3D version worth that much. I prefer the digital movies that shows highly detailed and sharp pictures.

Maybe it's just me.

Saw it last evening.

1. This movie truely is the avatar of the movie world --- amazing 3D

2. Storyline => pocahontas

3. The hair-end connect concept => MATRIX

4. The armour and military hardware => Aliens

5. The scene where they gathered around the tree and 'pray' => chat-chat dance from Bali

6. The riding on "dragon" => common concept in various movies eg Aragon

Saw it last evening.

1. This movie truely is the avatar of the movie world --- amazing 3D

2. Storyline => pocahontas

3. The hair-end connect concept => MATRIX

4. The armour and military hardware => Aliens

5. The scene where they gathered around the tree and 'pray' => chat-chat dance from Bali

6. The riding on "dragon" => common concept in various movies eg Aragon

haha... Good Summary.

I heard that there was actually a full length "interspecies" sex scene that was cut off in the final edit. :think:
Here's a quote from actress Zoe Saldana, voice-over of the character Neytiri.
Zoe Saldana said:
If you sync to your banshee and you're syncing to a tree, why not sync into a person? I almost feel like you'll have the most amazing orgasm, I guess. It was a very funny scene to shoot because there were so many technical things that sometimes you have to keep in mind that paying attention to all those might disrupt the fluidity of how a scene is supposed to take place.

And because Jim was shooting for a PG-13 rating, we couldn't move in certain directions. The motion would look a little too past the PG-13 rating standards. So it was really funny for Sam and me. We had a lot of giggles there.
:what:

Status
Not open for further replies.