Availibility of D800 in Singapore (Part 2)

Did anybody here preorder from John 3:16 for 4088 and got it already? I preordered mine and said it'll arrive 2nd week of May. Now they have stock but they won't give it to me for 4088 but 4488...I already paid 1k deposit and I need to get it asap as I'm leaving Singapore for good soon. They said that worse case is they give me my deposit back...

Any advice bros?

You are leaving for good? What advice do you still need? Take the money and go...there is no other options left, Bro. But to leave the $$ with john3:16 :what:

Has anyone by any chance pre-ordered from Courts before?

superdupersumo said:
they said they can give me that price but still have to wait....the thing is i cannot wait anymore as I'm leaving Singapore for good soon...but then again they told me that it should arrive 2nd week of May...that's why it's frustrating.

Do you guys know any place that sells for a lower price that I could get immediately?

Screw it, get ur money and go. The only quote you can trust is the one given when they have the stock right in front of your eyes.

I won't trust small time retailers with a 100% deposit...what happens if close shop? Chain stores like courts or Harvey maybe ok ... but leaving 4-5k with others....I have much reservations.

they said they can give me that price but still have to wait....the thing is i cannot wait anymore as I'm leaving Singapore for good soon...but then again they told me that it should arrive 2nd week of May...that's why it's frustrating.

Do you guys know any place that sells for a lower price that I could get immediately?

that is terrible... ridiculous.... I thought only sim lim shops behave like that...

AxeLa said:
My set warranty card chop as HK set, izzit grey set? I registered with Nikon club no problem, warranty extended 3 mths. Thks!

Did your warranty shown the Singapore warranty as printed in the card?

AxeLa said:
It shows distributor: Nikon Singapore pte ltd.

Yes correct..

If cant found the word on mention Singapore Pte Ltd. he he good luck :)

Last edited:
LexuS79 said:
Last week this guy open bidding for his Nikon 14-24 f2.8, unfortunately I successfully bided it and agreed to deal today but somehow the night before the deal, I asked him for receipt but he doesn't have, when I asked him for serial number of the unit he unable to provide and totally avoid my MSG. We are suppose to meet today 7o'clock but he doesn't turn up and not responding to me at all. Just a gentle reminder, I'm suspecting this is grey set, PLS BE AWARE if you are looking for 14-24 Len.
He Is staying at Yishun... Who need his Hp number just pm me :) ( 943x56x6- You know who you are )

Huh?? Wrong section la .

superdupersumo said:
Did anybody here preorder from John 3:16 for 4088 and got it already? I preordered mine and said it'll arrive 2nd week of May. Now they have stock but they won't give it to me for 4088 but 4488...I already paid 1k deposit and I need to get it asap as I'm leaving Singapore for good soon. They said that worse case is they give me my deposit back...

Any advice bros?

Take them to CASE.

Anyone gotten their set this week? From audiohouse especially? Lol seems like a quiet week

Still waiting for.price to go below RRP.

Can wait , no hurry to buy.

Got a call today ask me if i'm still keen with D 800. I asked how much $4,300/- (Cash) Still find it to high so willing to wait for another 1 or 2 months :)

Was trying my luck, and managed to secure a set from a contact. Paid at RRP, but used the Standard Chartered Manhattan card (which chalked up a $200 rebate), so works out to be less than S$4300. My set came with the L 1.006 data flashed, so it's hot off the oven.

Understand that there MIGHT be new stocks coming in next week, but don't hold your breath for that...

Last edited:
Got a call today ask me if i'm still keen with D 800. I asked how much $4,300/- (Cash) Still find it to high so willing to wait for another 1 or 2 months :)

Where do you get the call from?