Availibility of D800 in Singapore (Part 2)

You're referring to the Funan's branch?
I got the same experience too.
The main branch at SLS is better though.

Yeah, the branch at SLS is still ok.

The Funan one is not really keen to sell u thing one. U bargain a bit & they will asked u to fxxk off..............:(

I encountered twice and will never visit them again.

Jeremy1 said:

The Funan one is not really keen to sell u thing one. U bargain a bit & they will asked u to fxxk off..............:(

Similar experience... I find slr revo better.

Jeremy1 said:

Sigh, we are so short-changed here. We shouldn't have to put up with such horrible customer service. What's so difficult with just having a normal conversational tone even if they cant manage to be pleasant?

Similar experience... I find slr revo better.

Yeah, I got my D700 2.5 years ago from them. Price wise, I guessed this shop is the cheapest as what I compared. Another one is TK...............................:)

The rest of the shops in Funan really can forget about them unless u want to be conned by them...................:bsmilie:

CP also good if u are looking for service orientated but price is definitely higher. Accessories like tripod & etc can tried at CP............:)

Die Hard said:
At JB Sell at Sing $430 with the exchange rate of $2.50 RM For the MB-D12

Which shop? The price is good :)

Today went shopping. Still not within my budget. Sad sad. A lot of shops selling D800 at 3800 liao. TK also. I was quoted $4400 cash n carry for d800e at Alan funan. $4548 at one shop next to the information counter at sim lim sq. forgot the exact name. Fusion photo or something. TK quote 4600-4800 I think. Ask until I blurr. . Cathay quote 4998 but no stock very arrogant. Don't buy from them. Buy camera need what service arh? Most impt must be cheap right? Cash n carry. Maybe won't see him again liao. So I don't care ah beng ah Seng. Haha. Everyone say stock limited. Refused to sell me at 4100. Haha

Today went shopping. Still not within my budget. Sad sad. A lot of shops selling D800 at 3800 liao. TK also.

Your 3.8K not inclusive of gst ? Correct ?

davidlam001 said:
Was quoted $459 from Technogadgets. probably getting from them.

Slr revo price was $45* I recall when asking mid Jul

please be reminded

No WTB/WTS outside personal classified section.

and

No mass selling activities outside Mass sale section.

SLRR quoted 1 of my friend $3XXX... but he was just asking so not so sure price is with gst or not...

edit as pricing very sensitive...

Last edited:
Sigh, we are so short-changed here. We shouldn't have to put up with such horrible customer service. What's so difficult with just having a normal conversational tone even if they cant manage to be pleasant?

Lets start a AP blacklist shop bros !! ;)

Lets start a AP blacklist shop bros !! ;)

no point... end of the day you start a blacklist... people will still buy from them... and when they sell certain items cheaper than the rest... some will swear by them to be their "loyal" customers....

thatnikon said:
SLRR quoted 1 of my friend $3XXX... but he was just asking so not so sure price is with gst or not...

Price very sensitive meh?

Price very sensitive meh?

well... the staff at SLRR state that the other dealers always complain about them selling items too cheap thats why they state never to reveal their pricing online

Your 3.8K not inclusive of gst ? Correct ?

Oh...i never confirm...bec i was looking at the 800E...lowest was $4400...which i would assume all in right? bec i told the shop guy...cash and carry..i need to go draw money from atm...so unless he was prepared i go draw $4400 then come back then go draw $308..then a bit wu liao already...but good point to note. on the other hand..why we never ask...$4998 include Gst?
hehe

well .... let's break the sensitivity. Competition among them works well to our advantage I think and my hesitancy in purchasing a copy dropped significantly when they told me about the selling price.

SLRR was selling it for $3750 nett. Just got mine today :)

Warranty with Nikon Sg if you're wondering.

Last edited:
Wow! I agree, maintaining the sensitivity only let other shops charge higher. Any idea how much SLRR is selling D800E for?