At Little India, mostly.

Its amazing you could nail so many shots right from the hip with manual focus. Well done bro. Do you carry your camera everywhere you go? How much time per day do you spent walking around taking pics? :)

Its amazing you could nail so many shots right from the hip with manual focus. Well done bro. Do you carry your camera everywhere you go? How much time per day do you spent walking around taking pics? :)

Thanks bro! I don't nail it every time but when it does, I'm very happy.

I bring the cam (D700 + 28 +50mm lenses) out everyday and when there's a photo opportunity, I'm ready.

Happy shooting :)

Sharing one shot from this evening

8602211391_9c4d2b0238_b.jpg

Tough job workers
8605623986_1c0e74f677_b.jpg

I know first hand how not easy it is to get these shots right. I have the same lens. The DOF is so shallow especially if you open the lens up in order to get that creamy bokeh. You gotta to be really good at range focusing if you want to fire from the hip. But when you get it all right and if the composition is good also the feeling is like hitting jackpot. Well done bro.

I know first hand how not easy it is to get these shots right. I have the same lens. The DOF is so shallow especially if you open the lens up in order to get that creamy bokeh. You gotta to be really good at range focusing if you want to fire from the hip. But when you get it all right and if the composition is good also the feeling is like hitting jackpot. Well done bro.

Thanks bro, the last pic (workers) was not shot from hip. But I can confirm, my shoot from hip shots are well composed without having the need to crop. I think I'm in tune with my 50mm, lol.

Around the temple.

8623600789_b167cf0bed_b.jpg

8623605109_c6f1968e47_b.jpg

8624714026_6feb7dd5c5_b.jpg

Lots of bro's in this thread I'm more of a brew.

I love your pics, I went through them twice (grin)
I'm D700 as well and manual focus, not hip or zone but I'm fond of any technique as long as it results in a pic to like and you have plenty.

Ant.

Lots of bro's in this thread I'm more of a brew.

I love your pics, I went through them twice (grin)
I'm D700 as well and manual focus, not hip or zone but I'm fond of any technique as long as it results in a pic to like and you have plenty.

Ant.

Thanks Ant. for appreciating my photos :)

Always following your thread. Please keep them coming.

Water proofing
8706451277_ab07e33a69_b.jpg

Couldn't get my cam out of the bag fast enough for a better shot.

"Peeping"
8725010835_efe77e8c5a_b.jpg