Assorted Night Macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

F_Enzo

Jan 20, 2005
www.sayyiam.multiply.com
These were a compilation of shots taken during the previous and recent night outing to AP.

The Pano shot of the Twig Spider with Nest is actually done by stitching 2 photos together to create this wide view image. As usual, C&C are most welcome :)

#1 : Kind of StingBug?
4292715051_4415366212_o.jpg

D200, 200mm, 1/50s, f22, iso400, dual diffused flash, tripod, stacking

#2 : Twig Spider guarding its Nest in Pano View
4291076348_67a7ec5cb8_b.jpg

D200, 200mm, 1/60s, f18, iso400, dual diffused flash, tripod, stitched 2 photos

#3 : Close-Up Headshot of Twig Spider with Nest
4290335485_eb30445465_o.jpg

D200, 200mm, 1/60s, f18, iso400, dual diffused flash, tripod

Last edited:
#4 : Lobster like Scorpion
4291075862_3f4e0678ff_o.jpg

D2h, 200mm, 1/40s, f22, iso400, dual diffused flash, tripod

#5 : 1st Scorpion taken from Front View
4290335121_63091c017c_o.jpg

D200, 200mm, 1/40s, f18, iso400, dual diffused flash, tripod, stackings

#6 : 2nd Scorpion from Top View
4291075542_72560f42d1_o.jpg

D200, 200mm, 1/40s, f18, iso400, dual diffused flash, tripod, stackings

chantek, chantek !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scorpion

was @ ap last nite trying to find the scorpion but cannot find any thing

can any good bro tell me where to find it

thank u

This my first time saw a twig spider!! And Ya, is super cool!!!!

didn't relaise that was a "spider" I thought it just a normal twig! (good camouflage) ...until I saw the description.

Nice shots! The pano shot is great :thumbsup:!
thanks joe, instead of cropping the standard photo to look pano view, I did 2 shots and stitched them together to minimise the lose in resolution/pic quality :)

chantek, chantek !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks for the comments, bodaiman :D

Good shots! :) Good exposure on #1 ;)
thanks martian, my first encounter of this bug, m not too sure on its ID but look like a kinda of stinkbug....

Great shots..the twig spider is super cool!
thanks OM....these spiders are common in AP, but its my first encounter on a twig spider with a nest.

Looks like a pretty version of stink bug or shield bug for #1. Excellent details and vibrance!

Seeing #2... does that mean we'll see more babies soon? Uncle James will be so busy busy

Scorpion

was @ ap last nite trying to find the scorpion but cannot find any thing

can any good bro tell me where to find it

thank u
I was there for doing the early morning (3am) shoot today...it will be good if u have a small UV torch to help locating them. Its quite difficult to spot them if you r hunting it with a normal torch as these guys camouflage itself very well :)

This my first time saw a twig spider!! And Ya, is super cool!!!!

didn't relaise that was a "spider" I thought it just a normal twig! (good camouflage) ...until I saw the description.
thanks JC...these spiders are very good at making themselves look like a twig. Hard to spot them if turn twig like hanging in mid air by a tiny web :)

Looks like a pretty version of stink bug or shield bug for #1. Excellent details and vibrance!

Seeing #2... does that mean we'll see more babies soon? Uncle James will be so busy busy
Have not seen this bug before and infact i spotted it from a distance due to its vibrant colors and quite cooperative throughout the shootings...

wish i could see how the babies of this twig spiders look like but its not there anymore when we were there for the early morning shoot today....

Status
Not open for further replies.