are the 30D package at IT show really worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cynovatron said:
Actually I went to SLS and asked some time ago, and they were selling 350D Kit for $1400. Are the freebies worth $349?

Gien cos of the $199 15-300mm lens deal only.. keke

Erm.. maybe I should be posting this in Canon forum.. but then.. is Olympus a better camera for ruggedness? I guess my primary use is taking photos during my trekking trips ;)

Don't ask me to buy Mark II hur... :bsmilie:

Buy the Mark I lo.

Virgo said:
350D is more than sufficient for newbies to learn how to shoot. Of course, if one has the budget, go ahead lah...

But isn't 350D going to be obsolete soon also? Rumored that replacement will be out this year...

Anyone to comment?

solarii said:
15-300mm lens? Since when was there such an odd zoom? Never heard of it before. Probably cos the guy was just rambling...it doesn't exist FYI.

Also cbchoy12 mentioned a 70-300mm lens for $199? Whose lens is that? Canon only has 2 70-300mm lenses, and they don't cost just $430.

Sorry its my typo.. its 70-300, not 15-300.. keke... :confused:

Anyway, a friend advised me for a newbie for DSLR, it would be better to get a 2nd hand and a good lens. Agree?

cynovatron said:

Anyway, a friend advised me for a newbie for DSLR, it would be better to get a 2nd hand and a good lens. Agree?

Unless the price of a 2nd hand is almost the price of a new one, like $200-$300 difference...

I think you mean 75-300mm.. If 70-300mm is really $430, I go buy tomorrow :) FYI, the 70-300mm is a IS USM lens, cheapest also about $1.2k new..

cynovatron said:

jeryltan said:
I think you mean 75-300mm.. If 70-300mm is really $430, I go buy tomorrow :) FYI, the 70-300mm is a IS USM lens, cheapest also about $1.2k new..

Wow! $430?? Count me in too! haha....

jeryltan said:

Haha.. my apologies, I'm really noob lar. I dunno which lens they are selling for $199. Dunno about all these things yet. tt's why wanna learn mah.

btw, it there a lens like i can have both wide and relatively good zoom? Cos i dun think i like to change lens! (Gosh.. abit off topic liao eh)

monsoon said:
just heard of price in HK
30D: HK$8596.00
30D Kit: HK$12441.00
85L: HK$15453.00
17-55 2.8L: HK$7810.00

dont know if it is true

Since that is the price posted from DCFever.. shld be true :)

whacker said:
But isn't 350D going to be obsolete soon also? Rumored that replacement will be out this year...

Anyone to comment?

Probably in Sept ba?
Anyway the successor won't be as big an upgrade from 300D to 350D I guess.. Since 30D still uses 8MP sensor.

Or maybe they will miss the 350D upgrade cycle altogether this time and release the rumored 3000D budget model instead :p

LOL was speaking to them earlier.. They said they had stock for quite a while already.. but orders from Canon Japan say that can only be released on 10/03/06. If I'm not wrong it's an international release date..

Thus.. might as well go check out the prices at CP and AP tomorrow. Then check to see if it's worth the extra $$ ba..

Edit:
Hmmm oh. Seems like the 17-55 F2.8 IS will be out only about April. In SG, RRP will be around $2k or so, average selling price outside should be $1.8k.
Or so I heard.

Well.. If you're going Canon, there's only Tamron and Sigma 18-200mm.. Personally I wouldn't go for either, I'd rather wait for a Canon 18-200mm IS USM version, or at least a Tokina 18-200mm.. UNless you get the Tamron or Sigma really cheap :) I'm pretty sure they will come out, just a matter of time.. If you're going for Nikon, there's already a 18-200mm VR SWM..

cynovatron said:
Haha.. my apologies, I'm really noob lar. I dunno which lens they are selling for $199. Dunno about all these things yet. tt's why wanna learn mah.

btw, it there a lens like i can have both wide and relatively good zoom? Cos i dun think i like to change lens! (Gosh.. abit off topic liao eh)

Wah.. $2k then I stick with my 17-85mm IS USM liao, or I'd rather get a 24-105L IS USM since I already got the 10-22mm USM.. No bull$t liao :(

unseen said:
LOL was speaking to them earlier.. They said they had stock for quite a while already.. but orders from Canon Japan say that can only be released on 10/03/06. If I'm not wrong it's an international release date..

Thus.. might as well go check out the prices at CP and AP tomorrow. Then check to see if it's worth the extra $$ ba..

Edit:
Hmmm oh. Seems like the 17-55 F2.8 IS will be out only about April. In SG, RRP will be around $2k or so, average selling price outside should be $1.8k.
Or so I heard.

newmemberz said:
The 30D package comes with the following:
2 x 1GB CF (dealer not sure what brand but assured it's high speed)
1 x Selphy CP510 printer
1 x Selphy bag
1 x Lens Workbook
1 x Fundamentals of SLR Photography voucher worth $80
You can even opt to pay by interest-free installments over 12 months. $2499 for body only or $2669 for kit (with EF-S 18-55 mm).

Assuming that all the freebies can be sold off for about $350 ($400 tops), the body alone costs only about $2150 (or $2100)!

I was told that stock will be coming only tomorrow but you can place a deposit to secure a unit. Also, there are only 50 units available.

*quoted from Kietgnoel*

How much does the selphy printer selling brand new??? :confused:

EDIT: Added Pic
Untitled-1.jpg

If you just venture in to DSLR, it is a good package. But If you already have lenses, CF Cards, Bag & more...Buy the body alone will do...;)

Goldenstars08 said:
If you just venture in to DSLR, it is a good package. But If you already have lenses, CF Cards, Bag & more...Buy the body alone will do...;)

But since they give then take take lor ;)

The important thing is for you to get the most suitable cam and start shooting, not chasing for the latest model. One will NEVER be able to catch up with technology. Unless one has $$$ to buy buy buy, then don't say. Who needs that advance technology but never used any way?

I still using my 10D to shoot pictures. If I wait for 20D/30D, sure miss lotsa shooting opportunities.

whacker said:

Anyone to comment?

Goldenstars08 said:

I have managed to sell away the freebies :sweatsm: (the printer given by Canon and creative MP3 given by UOB promotion). This makes the price even lower than what CP and Ms can offer for body alone. Somemore got 2 1GB ultra II CF cards. Good deal:D

Status
Not open for further replies.