Are 50mm lenses...

Are 50mm lenses the lense of the moment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
most popular because:
1. Cheapest u can find in Nikon or Canon
2. Prime lens...so quality is among the best! It is hard to produce a louzy 50mm prime. Sharp!
3. Fast. No zoom is this fast...and is suitable to keep as backup for low light photography.
4. "Normal" viewing angle. 50mm is suitable as a general all purpose lens.

I own a 50/1.8. I agree its a very sharp and great lens but it is frankly v.boring. I mostly shoot wider or go for abt 100-150mm. 50mm is neither here nor there so I dun use it often.

kraterz said:
I own a 50/1.8. I agree its a very sharp and great lens but it is frankly v.boring. I mostly shoot wider or go for abt 100-150mm. 50mm is neither here nor there so I dun use it often.

I tend to agree with kraterz. I would actually prefer a wider angle prime, albeit more expensive.

Using 50mm in digital body eg D70 with 1.5x factor.
Does it mean when used in D70 , it will be equivalent as 75mm in film body ?

a few people i know spent too much on the dslr... as a result only have budget for the 50mm 1.8 their idea is to buy and shoot 1st.. can liao.

zekai said:
a few people i know spent too much on the dslr... as a result only have budget for the 50mm 1.8 their idea is to buy and shoot 1st.. can liao.

Not a bad idea.... hone your composition skills with the limits imposed by the 50mm.... :)

50mm f/1.8 vs 35mm f/2 for DSLR with 1.6x crop usage. What do you think?

Don't you think this lens would be a better choice if you were to choose just 1 prime lens to walk around with?

Status
Not open for further replies.