Archos av400series users

Status
Not open for further replies.
kegler said:
huh... so u never try recording straight from tV? hmm... sian.... not only soap lor.... im watching scv ch55 8pm-10pm hk serial too... record n watch it on-the-go .... tsk tsk

extra batt also cannot charge externally... no point lar... lol....

I have my cradle connected directly to the TV A/V input and output. DVD player connected to TV via RCA and cable connected to TV via the antenna.

I can record TV programs and DVDs real time, have not tried schedule recording. Ark19 may have some experience with schedule recording, if he has sorted out his problem.

teerex said:
I have my cradle connected directly to the TV A/V input and output. DVD player connected to TV via RCA and cable connected to TV via the antenna.

I can record TV programs and DVDs real time, have not tried schedule recording. Ark19 may have some experience with schedule recording, if he has sorted out his problem.

no configuration needed? just plug n record? videocorder? need to use video-1/2/3 ? or normal tv mode will do? cause when i display from av420...is using video3... even i replace the av in with the av connection from my VCR also cannot... argh...

kegler said:
no configuration needed? just plug n record? videocorder? need to use video-1/2/3 ? or normal tv mode will do? cause when i display from av420...is using video3... even i replace the av in with the av connection from my VCR also cannot... argh...

No configuration at all. It was just plug n play for me. Everything on default on the AV420.

Output of DVD to TV A/V1 input.

Cradle cable marked as AV in connected to A/V out of TV
Cradle cable marked as AV out connected to A/V2 in of TV

Everything that is viewed on TV screen can be recorded on the unit.

kegler said:
??? r u talking about already encoded or from dvd disc? or u got TV tuner card on ur PC? i wanna do schedule recording of those soap dramas from TV broadcast...heehee

Hi there, I manage to record the Miss Singapore Universe last night without any problem...just follow the quick guide instruction that included in the box.

Btw where to get the standing bag/case? Any pict to view?

kegler said:

I think u might want to check the manual book for you TV....Video 3 is for playing game & viewing photos from your digicam / videcam...etc...u should plug it into the VCR video.

I have plenty of problems trying to record things from DVD machines. anyway i prefer to use my PC :sticktong

ok...i managed to record liao.... heehehee.... dunno wat happened....but somehow i workz now.... kekeke....

John: the case is on archos website... bookcase...

teerex said:

Bro, the schedule prob is not solved. They don't have my TV model's IR code. Anyways, thinking of getting a 2nd hand vcr to output signal to archos.

The connection quite straight forward.
The only prob is when u connect to TV, you'll be recording whatever channel you are currently viewing. And if u sw off the tv, archos will display "no signals". So, the best way to record is to connect archos to VCR. You can watch a diff channel while recording another....

ark19 said:
Bro, the schedule prob is not solved. They don't have my TV model's IR code. Anyways, thinking of getting a 2nd hand vcr to output signal to archos.

The connection quite straight forward.
The only prob is when u connect to TV, you'll be recording whatever channel you are currently viewing. And if u sw off the tv, archos will display "no signals". So, the best way to record is to connect archos to VCR. You can watch a diff channel while recording another....

ya man... too bad our cable box dun have e scart thing.... or even av out....Zzzzzz

kegler said:
ya man... too bad our cable box dun have e scart thing.... or even av out....Zzzzzz

With a VCR, u can attach the IR emitter and schedule recordings.
If it works, when the time is up for recording, archos will sw on VCR, change to correct channel and record :)
That is..... if it works :sweat:
Kindof pointless... as I bought archos as a recorder.
Now I have to buy a vcr just to enable archos to record?? :rolleyes:

btw, did anyone use screen protector for your archos av420? if yes, which screen protector u use?

ark19 said:
Yo Guys and Gals,
I just bought an Eagle Creek padded Quarter Cube.
Teerex, good for travelling ;) $9.10 only :D

Got one today from Sports Connection Funan. Fits well.

Thanks Ark

auron said:
btw, did anyone use screen protector for your archos av420? if yes, which screen protector u use?

I'm using the Martin Field screen protector from DOML, fits well and very clear.

If I'm not wrong Ark19 and Nisa is also using it.

teerex said:
Got one today from Sports Connection Funan. Fits well.

Thanks Ark

No prob bro ;) Only thing is the 3 pin part must be removed for a better fit.
Did you get the panasonic earphones from W3cube? :think:

Hi Auron, yup, we've got the Martin Field screen protector.
I'd actually went back to memory world to change my Archos due to bright pixels. Had to remove the screen protector and paste it onto my new Archos unit.
It is really easy to stick on. Just try to do it in a "clean room". I'd to restick it a couple of times. :sweat: The trick is to stick it on, check for dust/lint, remove slightly and use Scotch tape to remove the dust/lint.

:)

ark19 said:
No prob bro ;) Only thing is the 3 pin part must be removed for a better fit.
Did you get the panasonic earphones from W3cube? :think:
:)

I got the Sony ear bud ones. I've been having a hard time looking for a pair of earphones that fit properly. I not only pa jiao, I also have one ear hole larger and one smaller.

Right side fits ok, left side keep slipping off :dunno:

teerex said:
I got the Sony ear bud ones. I've been having a hard time looking for a pair of earphones that fit properly. I not only pa jiao, I also have one ear hole larger and one smaller.

Right side fits ok, left side keep slipping off :dunno:

Aiya, the Sony one also have diff size ear buds, just use the best fitting one ;)

ark19 said:
Aiya, the Sony one also have diff size ear buds, just use the best fitting one ;)
Sony is still the BEST! ;p

another sony earbud user n martin field user here.... i guess its kinda common to have 1 big 1 small ear hole... haahaa... none of our body parts are identical :bsmilie: u so luck they change for u.... my bright pixel issue still unsolved.... damn suay.... sigh.....

kegler said:
another sony earbud user n martin field user here.... i guess its kinda common to have 1 big 1 small ear hole... haahaa... none of our body parts are identical :bsmilie: u so luck they change for u.... my bright pixel issue still unsolved.... damn suay.... sigh.....

who did you buy it from? surely they can handle it for you? :dunno:

Nisa said:
who did you buy it from? surely they can handle it for you? :dunno:

currently kelvin is helping me.... but he need to get permission from someone overseas... sigh... dunno why so troublesome.... been pestering him...lol... hope they dun swipe me out with a broom e next time i visit... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.