architectural + cityscapes photography #10

Folks,

For those who'd like to find out what we usually bring for the sessions, here's a short list of essentials and good-to-have items.....

the essentials

1) Camera - Anything you have or feel comfortable with. Cameras with manual or bulb mode is preferred for longer exposures.

2) Lenses(If you are using SLRs, DSLRs, M4/3, mirrorless, medium format, large format, etc) - Wide angle lenses are usually a staple. 24mm or wider would be good. You are however, free to bring along other lenses for other photo opportunities.

3) Sturdy tripod / head - Essential for long exposures.

the good-to-have

1) Bubble leveller - a hotshoe mounted bubble leveller helps to straighten your setup to align verticals and horizon.

2) Small torchlight - useful as you most probably will be setting up your cameras in darkness.

3) Filters - polarisers, ND, etc..... whatever you may need.

4) Remote release - Good to have for long exposures. Can be easily substituted by the camera's built-in timer.

5) Snacks and drinks - If you are like me who gets hungry every 2 hours, something to munch would be good. Potato chips and coke work best for me. Nearest 7-11 is located in MBS. We usually wrap up around 8:30am and proceed to breakfast after.

Main objective is to have a fun photography session. No pressure, no worries. See ya!

architectural + cityscapes photography #10

Greetings folks!! #10 is here and details as follows:-

Date : 1st January 2012(Sunday)
Time : 6:00am

Participants
1) sfoto100
2) pasay
3) aiest
4) Canonised
5) Squid
6) thoongeng

Reserves
1) Shahrie
2) enfstyle

As this session will be weather-dependent, I will make an announcement on the morning itself if the session should go ahead or cancelled/postpone due to adverse weather. So do come back here for the latest update. Thank you.

just saw the post; may I ask for joining you guys? Tks!

Participants
1) sfoto100
2) pasay
3) aiest
4) Canonised
5) Squid
6) thoongeng

Reserves
1) Shahrie
2) enfstyle
3) Jolie

Folks! I have increased the group to 8. As I prefer the group to stay relatively small, I won't be increasing slots anymore. Thanks!

Participants
1) sfoto100
2) pasay
3) aiest
4) Canonised
5) thoongeng
6) Shahrie
7) enfstyle
8) Jolie

Reserves
1)
2)
3)

The Car park opens only after 7am? I thought Marina Square is nearer but carpark also start from 7am.

If before 6am, maybe the computer will charge overnight rate?

hmm seems like will charge overnight rate
according to coolthought's link: URA Bayfront car park is $1.20/hr 7am to 7am the next day
looks like Ritz Carlton is nearer and cheaper than Marina Square too: $2 for 1st 2hrs, $1 for next subsequent hr from 7am to 7am the following day
(The Ritz Carlton, Millenia Singapore Car Park | Carpark & Parking Rates & Charges - sgCarMart)
Marina Barrage is free, anyone knows if the Gardens by the Bay walkway towards Marina Bay Sands is open? If not then it will be a long walk heh

hope i can borrow car, if not will be a little late... 1st bus/mrt start a little later on Sun/PH =(

there is a place whereby you can park for free legally until 8am... if I am not wrong.... but be prepare to walk....

Oh my oh my is it only me or am I not strange to be super excited to attend this outing? First day of the year, first activity in the day, first time attending a CS outing (for me, at least), its my favourite subject of photoghaphy, and first time meeting any fellow archi photography enthusiasts~
Am a nerdy noob please guide me! Yoroshiku onegaishimasu! :D

THANK YOU!!! very appreciated :)

Hi folks! Hope you gus are having a wonderful time welcoming the new year. I'll be having an update around 5:00am tomorrow morning. The session will be on if weather is good. Stay tuned!

Oh my oh my is it only me or am I not strange to be super excited to attend this outing? First day of the year, first activity in the day, first time attending a CS outing (for me, at least), its my favourite subject of photoghaphy, and first time meeting any fellow archi photography enthusiasts~
Am a nerdy noob please guide me! Yoroshiku onegaishimasu! :D

Well, there will be a first for probably everyone else too. First time meeting you....... :)

just realised gothere.sg is not updated. 106 is no longer in service.

and i think i can't reach at 6am ...

will be late

just realised gothere.sg is not updated. 106 is no longer in service.

and i think i can't reach at 6am ...

will be late

Hmm? But I just took 106 to MBS a few days ago. The bus re-routed to end at Shenton instead of Marina but it didn't terminate, as far as I know.

aiest said:
Hmm? But I just took 106 to MBS a few days ago. The bus re-routed to end at Shenton instead of Marina but it didn't terminate, as far as I know.

I see... I cant find it from transist web, so I thought it is gone.. Aother execellent service from them! Speechless

good morning! on the way.... cya

Wow I'm in listed I thought 6 slots I'm on outdated tsk tsk, just wake up 9:16 now, what a missed. Anyway thank you for listing my names tsk tsk, happy new year to all of you guys hope we will met someday. Wishing prosperous new year and happy and meaningful story shoot hihihihihi

Kit said:
Happy New Year Folks!!! Weather looks good. See ya there in a while.

Tks for organizing the session  had lots of fun and learnt a lot~  Kit is a very responsible organizer, the whole group is willing to share 

Yup! Thanks Kit, and everyone! I definitely learnt *a lot* of stuff (even though I came late!) It was a good first-outing experience too :)

Definitely looking forward to more~~ ^^ And hope to see some of the same people again!

tks to Kit .. hope i didn't miss much as i am late also.. but i did enjoy the tips from kit at Macdonald...

tks alot.. looking forward to another one