apple photo book printing now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been 2 weeks since my photobook is shipped. Until today still have not seen it....

super slow shipping....

It has been 2 weeks since my photobook is shipped. Until today still have not seen it....

super slow shipping....

Thanks for keeping us updated. 2 weeks for shipping is rather slow I must agreed, anyway, I though that this was done locally :dunno:

super slow shipping....

You should get it soon. I did my book a day ahead of yours and i got mine today. They exceeded their "guaranteed" 10 business days by a day.

Print quality is not too good. You really need to bump up the contrast and saturation to get the colours. Think i am gonna stick to tommy prints.

Thanks for keeping us updated. 2 weeks for shipping is rather slow I must agreed, anyway, I though that this was done locally :dunno:

Don't think its done locally. Print products other than photos are shipped via DHL. Prints i think are done locally as they ship within 1 business day.

i remember reading the faq on apple site. prints are done locally. books are printed and shipped from US.

There's another thread in HWZ, Apple Clinic. Someone already received the photobook.

Can go take a look.

I read the thread. One of them got delivered in 9pm. And almost all of them took more than 2 weeks..... I guess I have to wait somemore.

just got my photobook today.

The colors printed were pretty accurate. I am quite surprised how well they match my screen. The paper is a non-glossy kind of paper. Not photographic book quality, similar to magazine quality. The paper is quite thin .... so 57 pages give me a thin book.

Waited for like 3 weeks.

will probably do another book though as the colors are good.

You should get it soon. I did my book a day ahead of yours and i got mine today. They exceeded their "guaranteed" 10 business days by a day.

Print quality is not too good. You really need to bump up the contrast and saturation to get the colours. Think i am gonna stick to tommy prints.

just got my photobook today.

The colors printed were pretty accurate. I am quite surprised how well they match my screen. The paper is a non-glossy kind of paper. Not photographic book quality, similar to magazine quality. The paper is quite thin .... so 57 pages give me a thin book.

Waited for like 3 weeks.

will probably do another book though as the colors are good.

:think:
Thanks for the updates. I guess we'll just have to do a book ourselves to know for sure. Thanks anyway. :thumbsup:

Using a glossy display?

I’ve purchased a book thru a friend that helped to design my photobook on his Mac. After 3 weeks and a very long neck, received from DHL. It's printed in USA.:what:

I felt that the paper used is very thin and colours are dull and lacked contrast, it looked flat but the binding is acceptable. I would rate it only with 5/10 given the price (plus courier) and long delivery. I may use them again if there are no better printers in S’pore. :think:

"Any places to customs made photos ablum?" Saw this thread in Photo Biz, the last few postings are very questionable.;( Why would 3 new members be singing praises for this Malaysian printer for their first post on CS. I would never user this printer. :thumbsd: They seemed desperate and use unscrupulous means to resort to these sort of "kelong" postings to trout for business and influence buyers’ opinion. It also gave CS a bad name with these "credibility rating" with such postings. :thumbsd:

Matt. And colour calibrated. I also checked it on PC as well with the pdf file.

It's sad then. Everyone deserves better. Can you leave feedback through the iPhoto menus? If it's this bad for iPhoto, I'd hate to see the quality gap if they offer Aperture books. I suspect they chose a company which agreed to ship to all of Asia. I would think that, if they receive enough feedback, they will fix the quality problems.

First i would like to say hi, as i am totally new to this forum, and to digital photography. I hope to learn more stuff from you guys.

Yesterday i was walking around toa payoh hub and i saw this software at a road show, digibook editor which is free download www.digibook.sg

Apparently you can make your photos into a book. This company will print the book with a hard cover and send to you. But it is not for mac, windows only.

Have anybody tried it yet ?

create photobooks in iphoto '08 and send from printing/binding.

http://www.apple.com.sg/ilife/iphoto/printproducts.html

pricing seems quite cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.