Anyone who want to try SLR but unsure if they could get used to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehehehe ..... me cannot be evil now ..... the entire set of my Minolta sold off already ..... but nevermind, still got two other evilian around :)

Im thinking of letting newbies have a feel of D-Slr too.. :)

Probably available in the next two weeks when i get my d30 back from canon..

i may b a bit unconventional but feel like volunteering :)

recentlyjust got a minty and flawless eos 1n (gripless,so the size wont scare off newbies). bought it for a good price with the intention of using "till it dies faithfully in my arms" and also as a "vintage classic collectible item that i can pull out and show to my grandson in the future" :cool: too bad i wasnt born earlier to really witness and experience canon FD classics and the subsequent EOS revolution...anyway my canon ranting aside; this is for those who just want to try out the feel of a higher-grade film slr and those potential canon users. (and also to psycho them into the canon gang :bsmilie: ) it wont be used for the next few months coz i busy...can maybe leave it safely with the rest of the collection or dunno what consolidated arrangement u guys can come up with.? :light:

:thumbsup:

this thread shd be made sticky ;)

I am touched with the generous offers by the old birdies. Wish we had such a great forum over here.

Wow, was doing a search on minolta cameras and stumbled upon this thread, i'm really pleasantly surprised, :)

Well it's my first post here, i'm a photography newbie as well. Not sure if anyone would entrust me with his camera, but if anyone's willing to lend this new guy an SLR for a hands-on experience, I'd be more than delighted to borrow it from you.

oh wat a pity.. i'm abit too late.. hee..
intending to PM blurblock for his minolta sets... sigh.. :(
wellwell.. i'm still stuck w 2 minolta cameras.. 3xi and 700si...
cant bear to part with them at low cost..
then no $$ to upgrade to DSLR.. :(

.. thght maybe i can grab some "new toys" from u ppl here..
but.. late late.. :cry: :cry:
(who still have minolta stuff for sale.. maybe can pm me? dun mind spend a bitbit to play with SLR again.. hee.. still got lotsa things didnt try with SLR..)

anyway.. i oso dun mind to borrow my sets out to those who wish to try SLR..
thgh i'm very new too... hee..

ya so long the borrower wont run away with the equipment..
and able to take gd care of them.. ;p

i have the following:

- 3xi body (very basic.. my 1st camera!! bought hmm 10 yrs ago.. hee.. so happy then..)
- 700si body
- 28--80mm minolta (diameter 55mm)
- 70--210mm minolta (diameter 49mm)
- 28--200mm sigma (diameter 72mm)
- 3700i flash (i think..)
- some filters (hoya / cokins)
---> cross star (49mm)
---> softener B (49mm)
---> circular polarisar..(49mm)
---> mag len 3x (cokin)
---> softspot
---> sunset filter
---> hmm etc.. hee..

Hey there siaoon, noticed you're staying in hougang as well. Maybe i can borrow your 700si when you're not using it. I've only had experience with an Olympus 740UZ, so SLRs and non-digitial cams would be a whole new trip for me.

hi guys out there.. i'm also new to photography.. i got a G3 and i'm quite happy with it:) though there are a few manual control but i think its not enogh leh hehe... hoping i can try to use a SLR:) i stay in Bedok if anyone stays around here can i test out your SLR?? hehe... Thanks in advance:)

My equipment still available for borrow.

Point to note is that those that make it available might not be monitoring this thread, so if you want to borrow a item, PM or contact the person directly.

I am using Minolta 505si. Just bought it from a friend 3 mths back. Wanted to get a external flash for it.... Any recommendation? How much? Where to get?

garytanbw said:
I am using Minolta 505si. Just bought it from a friend 3 mths back. Wanted to get a external flash for it.... Any recommendation? How much? Where to get?

Hey Gary! You may want to direct your questions in the Minolta forum, since there are quite a number of people there who could give you opinion about the different flashes.

Alternatively, you may want to join us for the SEED this wednesday. Vader and forbytes would be giving clinic for the usage of the flashes.

Up the thread for those who are interested! :D

hi there nice people! i don't intend to borrow SLRs, but wondering if anyone can lend a cheap but nice Digital(SLR or not) with my eos 5 as mortgage? Even though my Eos is spoilt(yet to repair it, battery problem?) but i really wish to try to take up photography for fun again. I started photography because of film....ended it because of it too... too expensive lol

Even though pixel wise, digital is still behind on film (catching up at an alarming rate still huh?) I'd like to just practise and not to worry about film and developing charges =/ . Thanks for taking time to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.