Anyone went to Kota Kinabaru before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on above 3 replies,

I guess I will keep my tripot and 70-200 then.

Sorry, but I got a last question.

At Hill Lodge (foot of mountain), can we keep all those items which I dun wish to bring up MT Kinabalu there, issit safe?

Thank

LightNPixels said:

At Hill Lodge (foot of mountain), can we keep all those items which I dun wish to bring up MT Kinabalu there, issit safe?

Thank

The resort will let you keep them at a fee. I think it's quite safe, not sure if somebody lose their things before or not.

LightNPixels said:

Thank

i stayed at hill lodge on my last trip there.. the place is nice and clean.. only prob is no tv.. u can actually leave your extra luggage at park HQ office for RM1... but at your own risk..

btw i carry a cheapo light tripod up to the summit.. though 1/2 way my guide took over the carrying.. :bsmilie: you dun hv the room to set-up the tripod at summit.. but along the summit plateau, no prob.. wth tripod i could do self shots w/out the need to bother my guide n others

If time permits, you may also travel to Pori hot sping and view the attraction there. In addition to hot sping, they have canopy walk at the top of the rain forest.

Squid said:
If time permits, you may also travel to Pori hot sping and view the attraction there. In addition to hot sping, they have canopy walk at the top of the rain forest.

Poring Hot Springs is nice. But I suggest you forget about the canopy walk for Langanan Fall. You'll be surprise when you reach there. Or is it my expectation too low? :dunno:

Squid said:

Poring was a big disappointment, just giant bathtubs. The canopy walk was also a big rip-off, very short with nothing to see. But then again, I'm not a keen-eyed bird watcher.

On the other hand, at the Poring area, there is a chance to see Rafflesia blooming, which was the highlight of my side trip to Poring.

Status
Not open for further replies.