Anyone wants to work in Botswana, Africa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:|
r u seriousss?
whoaaa i wanttt
any finance side opening?
*grin

Sorry, only need software engineers and system engineers
Didn't know so many people interested to go there. I don't feel like going back there :bsmilie:

I'll post some pic of botswana in the cityscape when I'm free.

software engineers or programmers? or programmers using the title of software engineer? :bsmilie:

software engineers or programmers? or programmers using the title of software engineer? :bsmilie:

programmer = programmer
software engineer = programmer + system engineer + security engineer :bsimilie:

Hey Jaycelim

Sorry all my photos are on slide format and also dunno where they are! Also dunno how to convert to digital.

If you like ruggedness and natural beauty - You gotta get out to the Delta/Tsodillo Hills. Although it was over 10 years ago when I was last there.

Okavaga Delta - stay in one of the lodges - had some great boat trips on the delta

Tsodillo Hills, Khalahari - Spent 1.5 months building a road and doing conservation work. The rocks are alive - pure magic combined with wilderness and 2 tribes (Bantu who run the area and Mmbukushu - who are a minor tribe)! If you like ancient art, this is the place to go and camp out a couple of days (ref Laurence Van der Post). There is a mountain called the Father - it is v.exposed. There are several other rocky outcrops called the Mother, Child and Baby. Bantu folklore has it that a man and woman landed on the Mother and were the first humans on the Earth.

Anyway if you do decide to camp there - if things have not changed - would advise you register with the Bantu tribe - otherwise may get a gun to the head (as a rekkie from our camp did!!!).

P.S. I write login scripts for AD using ADSI/WMI. Also am a SQL DBA + developer plus write in various flavours of VB. Have worked as a business analyst for a number of financial instituations. Do I qualify for the role? I would love to go back to the hills to see how they've changed (hopefully they haven't)

Cape Town is a great place but Tsodillo is magic!

Status
Not open for further replies.