Anyone using a 28-300 with a DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by ckiang
The reason why I said that is, too many people spend $4k on DSLRs and unwilling to spend more for a proper lens and get a superzoom instead. And becoz we tend to view digital pix at 100%, all the flaws become very obvious.

On film cameras, where you simply print 4Rs at the lab, it may not be that bad.

Regards
CK

but I am not unwilling to spend on the lens... if there exists a lens that does 28-300mm and is nice and light and image-clear then I would (save up for it) buy it at 2k?

read canon got a usm 28-200.. is it good? got ftmf?

Swaping of lenses for DSLR always invite dust into the body. Its best that the lens stay on the mount until you get back to an air-con room. (The reason why I always carry two mounted SLR bodies). Using only one lens may be the best solution for this.

Actually the quality of the 28-300 can be improved. To get the best quality from this lens, you should use aperture at 2 stops less than the maximum aperture.

For example use F8 at the 28mm, and F11 at the 300mm end.

However, using this method would require very slow speed. So you'll have to use higher ISO or a Solid Tripod like the 190. If your main reason for choosing 28-300mm is to reduce weight, its actually HEAVIER if you want quality from this lens. However if your reason is dust, having two bodies may be an alternative :p

Originally posted by jasonpgc
Swaping of lenses for DSLR always invite dust into the body. Its best that the lens stay on the mount until you get back to an air-con room. (The reason why I always carry two mounted SLR bodies). Using only one lens may be the best solution for this.

Actually the quality of the 28-300 can be improved. To get the best quality from this lens, you should use aperture at 2 stops less than the maximum aperture.

For example use F8 at the 28mm, and F11 at the 300mm end.

However, using this method would require very slow speed. So you'll have to use higher ISO or a Solid Tripod like the 190. If your main reason for choosing 28-300mm is to reduce weight, its actually HEAVIER if you want quality from this lens. However if your reason is dust, having two bodies may be an alternative :p

LOL can I :kok: you? I shd just buy a medium format TLR then...

Status
Not open for further replies.