Anyone seen or heard of Tamron SP AF28-105MM F/2.8 LD Aspherical (IF)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AncientMariner said:
Mine's Minolta mount. Got it for $1045.
Depends on what you compare it with e.g. agst my KM 50mm f1.4, it is sluggish but I like its range.
For pics see:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=1766915#post1766915
Pls excuse my clumsy attempts but I am easily contented.

Although your image is not full size, but the quality is good... Any pix out of the studio? At f2.8 and range 28mm and 105mm?

Sorry, I hunting for lens this range thats fast...for wedding

Max 2.8 said:
Although your image is not full size, but the quality is good... Any pix out of the studio? At f2.8 and range 28mm and 105mm?

Sorry, I hunting for lens this range thats fast...for wedding

The first pic was taken "outdoors" but in shade.
I believe I may have some at 28mm and 105mm f2.8 but will need to dig thru some old pics as I do mostly long telephoto for sports and wildlife and seldom use this lens at the wide or long end.

No worries...take your time...

I think this lens is good for wedding because(for my habit) I shoot at 5.6 when using flash but occasionally, when you spot a nice compo or portrait, you can switch off flash and use f2.8 to shoot. Or tea ceremony, can blur off messy background...

From your image, I think you got a pretty sharp copy...

Where did you buy from? The price is pretty steep...

Max 2.8 said:
No worries...take your time...
I think this lens is good for wedding because(for my habit) I shoot at 5.6 when using flash but occasionally, when you spot a nice compo or portrait, you can switch off flash and use f2.8 to shoot. Or tea ceremony, can blur off messy background...
I did find two with models in lace or translucent lingerie which material would be close to wedding gowns but they are black not white.

105mm - F2.8 1/125
PICT0114.jpg

28mm - f/28, 1/60
PICT0188.jpg

Max 2.8 said:
From your image, I think you got a pretty sharp copy...
Where did you buy from? The price is pretty steep...
I got it from MS Color.
What do you mean when you say steep? Too high?

Yah, steep = high. Pretty good results you got there! Nice and sharp! ant sharpening done? Or is it off camera image? Also how do you rate the AF of this lens? I am spoilt by canon's USM, thats my biggest barrier that keep me away from third party lens.

Max 2.8 said:
Yah, steep = high. Pretty good results you got there! Nice and sharp! ant sharpening done? Or is it off camera image? Also how do you rate the AF of this lens? I am spoilt by canon's USM, thats my biggest barrier that keep me away from third party lens.

Tks. I did a little unsharp mask before saving for web.
I don't have any other lens that has a max F2.8 aperture near its range.
All I can say is that it is no match at all for my 50f1.4 but beats my 70-200 f4.
It needs contrasty subjects e.g. can't focus on a white switch on a white wall of my room lit by a PL18W lamp at all but when I switch aim at the window of a neighbour's lit room it locks focus fairly quickly. If anything. my dissatisfaction would be with the stiffness of the zoom ring even when it is off anti-slip mode.

AncientMariner said:
Tks. I did a little unsharp mask before saving for web.
I don't have any other lens that has a max F2.8 aperture near its range.
All I can say is that it is no match at all for my 50f1.4 but beats my 70-200 f4.
It needs contrasty subjects e.g. can't focus on a white switch on a white wall of my room lit by a PL18W lamp at all but when I switch aim at the window of a neighbour's lit room it locks focus fairly quickly. If anything. my dissatisfaction would be with the stiffness of the zoom ring even when it is off anti-slip mode.

Thanks AM, for all your input, I'll consider it for a while. Need to give up an L lens for it, scared I'll regret.

Status
Not open for further replies.