anyone know which AA rechargeable battery is good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanyo Eneloops. Never false on me. Long battery life also, I can do a full day shot with only a set of them.

i've used GP, Powerex, Sanyo and now Sony.

GP is not as good as it seems. the first few times its good but after that it gives way... The Recyko which is like the Imedions and Eneloop lacks the punch. it's rated at 2100mah same as the imedions and eneloops if im not wrong but doesnt recycle as fast. thats what i feel

Sanyo. never owned the 2700mah ones so cant comment. however the imedions feel good. retains its charge well and gives that punch when you need it. recommended

POwerex. I;ve a dozen of these 2700mah bbut only 4X are still "alive". they can take abuse very well and live up to its expectations. i'm saving up for a charger with refresher function to revive my batts. The imedions live up to its name.. a contender to the eneloops. recommended too

Sony , just bought recently, looks good but can comment yet. so far feels like a sanyo and powerex. gonna shoot more before commenting

Thanks to both catohcat and NeTHaCK for your replies to my questions.
So it seems like the charger also makes a difference. Any chance that the Maha charger with refresh function can refresh batteries other than the Imedion Powerex brands, NeTHaCK? (e.g. Energizer, Sanyo etc. etc..)

Thanks to both catohcat and NeTHaCK for your replies to my questions.
So it seems like the charger also makes a difference. Any chance that the Maha charger with refresh function can refresh batteries other than the Imedion Powerex brands, NeTHaCK? (e.g. Energizer, Sanyo etc. etc..)

Yes, it can. Have some older Sanyo and Sony batteries. After refreshing they are usable again. Don't expect miracles but you can still use them for less demanding purposes.

Yes, it can. Have some older Sanyo and Sony batteries. After refreshing they are usable again. Don't expect miracles but you can still use them for less demanding purposes.

Octarine, thanks to you for answering my questions. That is very helpful info you have given.
(TS, thanks for allowing me the liberty to post my questions on your thread)

Seriously.. I wonder how you use your PowerEx? I have 24 pieces and have NO issues whatsoever, even when I leave them for weeks on end.

For jobs, I'll condition them for a fresh charge to maintain the tip-top condition and they last so much better than any other batteries I use. I have 8 pieces of imedions for other usage and they can't beat the Maha in terms of continous usage.

Sanyo's are HOT in operation and charging. I gave up on them long ago...

Zac08 what brand of battery you using?

Don't think along that line. Cheap chargers are dumb and stupid, best chances that batteries will die due to improper charging. A good charger has one slot and one charging circuit per battery allowing individual charging. In addition, they come with Slow Charge and Reformat function. Costs a few bucks more but it's worth.

octarine do Sanyo Eneloops charger brand has the same fuction that can reformat the battery?

yeah i agree. after refreshing they wont perform as well but they are reusable. for such things, they can be used for everyday objects like your clocks, remotes, etc. you can still use them for flash, but dont expect a miracle lah.. as in yes it will work, but dont expect it to "machine gun" like it used to :)

so can anyone tell me which battery is the best of all please thank you

I am using both Sanyo and PowerEx, thumb up for these battery.

My previous experiences using GP is that is does not hold it charge as good as the Sanyo and PowerEx battery.

Using Eneloop and agree that GP don't hold charge as well. Also feel that charging the GP batteries takes a longer time.

I am using both Sanyo and PowerEx, thumb up for these battery.

My previous experiences using GP is that is does not hold it charge as good as the Sanyo and PowerEx battery.

so can anyone tell me which battery is the best of all please thank you

You can find out yourself from your OWN usage.

Each of us have different usage and will find different batteries better for our own usage. AND this topic has been REPEATED plenty of times, just do a search and you'll find plenty of OLD answers on this.

octarine do Sanyo Eneloops charger brand has the same fuction that can reformat the battery?

I don't know, have a look at the charger and in the manual. Can be a button labeled "Refresh" (as seen on Sony charger). Check online, the function is described if available.

i've used GP, Powerex, Sanyo and now Sony.

GP is not as good as it seems. the first few times its good but after that it gives way... The Recyko which is like the Imedions and Eneloop lacks the punch. it's rated at 2100mah same as the imedions and eneloops if im not wrong but doesnt recycle as fast. thats what i feel

Sanyo. never owned the 2700mah ones so cant comment. however the imedions feel good. retains its charge well and gives that punch when you need it. recommended

POwerex. I;ve a dozen of these 2700mah bbut only 4X are still "alive". they can take abuse very well and live up to its expectations. i'm saving up for a charger with refresher function to revive my batts. The imedions live up to its name.. a contender to the eneloops. recommended too

Sony , just bought recently, looks good but can comment yet. so far feels like a sanyo and powerex. gonna shoot more before commenting

I'm thinking of buying the PowerEx 2700mAh plus refresh charger. Does anyone know where to buy or how much it will cost? I'm tried checking Harvery Norman and Challenger but couldn't find it.

I'm thinking of buying the PowerEx 2700mAh plus refresh charger. Does anyone know where to buy or how much it will cost? I'm tried checking Harvery Norman and Challenger but couldn't find it.
EastGear
42 Horne Road
Open from 10am - 7pm : Mon - Friday (Sat?)
Closed on Sundays and PH.
I just went there last week to buy all my Imedion and Maha charger.

Anyone know which AA rechargeable battery is good for the flash I using Canon 580 EX II because my GP battery alway give me problem

Get Sanyo Enelops, so far never fails to surprise me with its long battery life... :thumbsup:

i have been using GP batteries for quite long and they seem pretty reliable to me and can last an entire day too...
maybe i should try some other batteries to compare...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.