Anyone know where is this place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red sky,long shadows pointing away from each other, empty benches, LJ tree in the middle splitting the couple. Aiyo...picture does not bode well for the couple.

How to make it a more auspicious picture with the same creative feel?

sunrise shot with kids ,if need be , hired, on benches . couple themselves kissing under a flowering tree in full blossoms . front fill flash to counter gentle Sun backlighting . wireless rim flash to make hair glossy

intrepretation of content has a race bias. A hidebound, superstitious chinese couple might read it the way you suggested. When I last looked most people are not so superstitious as that any more. It could be view in light of a prewedding shoot as we are now still single but our decision to wed will move us to be together on the same path once we are wed (the tree being the symbolic point of marriage). Note their shadow lines will intersect after the tree and with the straight tree shadow become 1 path not 2. Still this is a daring try to do a new visual statement. Being edgy means there will be some who can not accept it.

Haha just read the photog's blog - the perils of trying to read meaning into photos can be awesome wrong. Obviously the photog feels strongly for this - it is a striking image.

Last edited:
Perception of beauty is cultural and varies from individual to individual.
Interpretation of bad omen is cultural and religion based.

Striving to be "different" can be carried to absurdity. But sometimes if you are a big name, you can con rich people to pay for it.

e.g. in architecture:

• bent buildings in Reflections at Keppel Bay, Singapore.

• The Shard in UK

Now a days this new generation are a vast difference from my older generation. During my time it's
taboo to wear bridal/suite twice and everything has to be done in one day photography included. Now a days
they have pre-wedding and AD shoots so it's quite the in thing today.

hi,
i made that photograph. it was shot at upper seletar reservoir, almost 2 1/2 years ago.

It was a 60-ish seconds long exposure, with a speed light mounted behind the tree triggered manually by a pocket wizard.

the couple have been happily married for almost 3yrs and are expecting their first child in a couple of months.

http://blog.dazza.sg/wp-content/gallery/jere-mich/mj03.jpg

beautiful place, amazing pic, anyone know where is it? thks

Moderator note:
Image replace by source link.

Do Not Post photo that does not belong to you directly, and please give credits to the original creator if you want to using it as reference.

Last edited:
wow staying still for 1 minute. Not easy.

Now a days this new generation are a vast difference from my older generation. During my time it's
taboo to wear bridal/suite twice and everything has to be done in one day photography included. Now a days
they have pre-wedding and AD shoots so it's quite the in thing today.

That's why we are having high rate of divorces now..........

the image posting by TS does not belong to him, and it seem he already MIA after posted.

not so nice to give comments on the images since original creator didn't post the image here or seeking any comments.

anyway members and the original creator already answered TS question.

in future any members posting images that does not belong to them without any valid reason and credits given. the thread will be deleted without prior notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.