anyone feels shaky a few mins ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumbsup: Clubsnap reporters did not disappoint me as usual :bsmilie:
When i receive sms abt earthquake being experienced in Penang, i wasnt sure where to check first, and came online to clubsnap to find out more.

:sweat: 6 pages of updates with news and personal experiences included.
GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!! :p

it happened at 12.15am singapore time right? i didn't feel a thing at all in my room.

my friend did...he staying Amk ave 5....on the 12th floor....he thot what happened...sofa trembling as he watched Frasier on tv. And he had to call me at 4.50am in the morning.... x_x

watched Cna all the way... zzz *snooze*

I woke up this morning, log onto CS, and I saw this news!! Even before I start surfing any of the news website for my daily news reading. This is great updates. But I did not feel anything at all last night. I live in Jurong and on the 17th floor. Isn't Jurong suppose to be nearer to the quake epicenter??

was playing winning eleven till 1am and didnt feel anything in bishan.
clubsnap must be the fastest, most efficient and current forum in singapore.

Its tough on the indoneisians... how can they survive one quake after another...

2000 reported dead in an island off indonesia. really bad times for them.

eikin said:
:bsmilie: ... must be the time of the night ...

but you must see the devastation to know the horror of tidal waves, when i saw it in sri lanka it was already one month over and can still see the impact physically and mentally for the people lor, if strike again it's going to be so sad

Hey, Eikin, thanks for the sms last nite. I "pigged" out until didn't feel anything. Looked out of the window and didn't find anything amiss until I tune in to CNN.

Jus wondering...under such circumstances, shd we run to open area or hide in our bomb shelter?? :think:

Racoon said:
Hey, Eikin, thanks for the sms last nite. I "pigged" out until didn't feel anything. Looked out of the window and didn't find anything amiss until I tune in to CNN.

Jus wondering...under such circumstances, shd we run to open area or hide in our bomb shelter?? :think:

hehe, no problem lah ... me no earthquake expert, but depending on degree of the shake, there are things you can do (now that you are home alone also :eek: ) for mild shakes like last night - first thing you can do is to check that it is not just the building you are in that's shaking. if it is only one block of building, that's a sign of structural failure, better get out while there's still time. there were some emergency tips from CNA last night also, they mentioned something about switching off all the electricity and stoves to prevent fire from leaking gas pipes.

not sure about stronger shakes (shaking of loose objects and visible building movement) think the household shelter should be strong enough (built for bombing, not sure about earthquake) but i think there are sayings that one should go underneath tables etc. that can counter falling objects, don't think that works in singapore if there's a danger of building collapse, can't imagine a chunk of concrete falling on a table, everything (plus the person below) smashed lor :eek: . at least i know the household shelter is the last to collapse :sweat:

tao said:
2000 reported dead in an island off indonesia. really bad times for them.

heard that the casuality rate is not confirm yet, as some parts of Indonesia power supply cuts off thus unable to determine the exact figure. :(

y we dun feel anything here in singapore when the december tsunami struck? thot it was worse than this morning's?
this morning: 8.7
dec quake: >9 (9+)

The epicenter of this quake is much nearer to Singapore than the Dec 26 one.. that one was off the northern tip of Sumatra, this one was in the middle

Gymrat76 said:
The epicenter of this quake is much nearer to Singapore than the Dec 26 one.. that one was off the northern tip of Sumatra, this one was in the middle

oohhh... ya....

wow... CS is the source for latest news!

anyway, last night I could feel my bed swaying quite 'obviously' as if i was on some water bed...and I am on the 14th floor in Sengkang. My wife had to pop some pills as she suddenly felt nausea and giddiness... :sweat:

dolpjki said:
Clubsnap reporters did not disappoint me as usual
When i receive sms abt earthquake being experienced in Penang, i wasnt sure where to check first, and came online to clubsnap to find out more.

:sweat: 6 pages of updates with news and personal experiences included.
GOOD JOB EVERYONE!!! :p

petaflopz said:
wow... CS is the source for latest news!

anyway, last night I could feel my bed swaying quite 'obviously' as if i was on some water bed...and I am on the 14th floor in Sengkang. My wife had to pop some pills as she suddenly felt nausea and giddiness... :sweat:

haha .. true true ... CS is DA forum to check for latest news =P

wanted to reply to this thread earlier ... but had to rush off to sch ... didn't feel the quake .. cos i'm staying 'below' sea level :sweatsm: ... if i'm not wrong :S .. so sure cannot feel .. but somehow .. felt a little uneasy as i was going to bed around 12.30± ...

Below sea level?Bro you stay in garage eh? :bsmilie:

On a serious note..which part of SG?Pasir Panjang?

yio chu kang ... near upper and lower pierce there ... there's an estate below sea level =/

Expiredyoghurt said:
yio chu kang ... near upper and lower pierce there ... there's an estate below sea level =/

:bigeyes: amazing! :bigeyes:

wat's the address there like? maybe i shall visit that place one day..

kelccm said:
I woke up this morning, log onto CS, and I saw this news!! Even before I start surfing any of the news website for my daily news reading. This is great updates. But I did not feel anything at all last night. I live in Jurong and on the 17th floor. Isn't Jurong suppose to be nearer to the quake epicenter??

Jurong is built on a granite formation, not marine clay, therefore no swaying.

AgnesKjaer said:
:bigeyes: amazing! :bigeyes:

wat's the address there like? maybe i shall visit that place one day..

haha ... dun need a stalker :nono: =X ... heh heh ...nothing special to see here lah :sweat: ...

kelccm said:

Yes. But it also depends on the bedrock of the location you are in. Most of the people in the west did not feel it cos the bedrock consist mainly of solid rock, which absorb the shock and energy of the quake.

Those in the east are on marine clay which will amplify the shock and energy. I know these from watching CNA's morning interview with a professor from NUS. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.