Anyone facing this situation before???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also received the letter.

$0.15 incurred in Aug 2003. I can't believe they actually bother to send me letter to claim that. Anyway, isn't sending letter in Singapore 25 cents? I am quite amazed.

Oh well........

26cents already

thank you all my CS brothers & sisters. i appreciate all of you sharing e same sentiments with me.

anyways, i got an email from the library's helpdesk telling me that they have received my enquiry and will get back to me soon but until now, well, still no word. so until then i will sit by my puter and wait until the cows come home or until the day when Sg finally win the glorious victory of the World Cup!

So, once again thank you to all.

maybe they want to clear the database of all the crap. that's why.....:bsmilie:

No la, its due to the AG report after the Audit. It had been highlighted that, there is a outstanding amount of over S$5 million which the public owe NLB in overdue fines and the NLB did nothing to recover that amount. It had been discovered that, some debtors are dead, left the country or simply bo chup. So now NLB have to follow up lor...

Just received an notice that I owe them $0.30. It's a waste of paper & effort as the cost of printing the pressure seal mailer is about that price already.

Just received an notice that I owe them $0.30. It's a waste of paper & effort as the cost of printing the pressure seal mailer is about that price already.

that's because no one bothers to check their accounts for outstanding payments. it's only a few clicks away in the urls i posted. i really think NLB should just charge the postage to the users, ask for payment also kena complain :confused:

that's because no one bothers to check their accounts for outstanding payments. it's only a few clicks away in the urls i posted. i really think NLB should just charge the postage to the users, ask for payment also kena complain :confused:

That's true. Nobody bothers to check. Maybe, they should just use SMS to remind the people.

you can go online to check your account for details of outstanding fines/fees

http://www.nlb.gov.sg/CPMS.portal;j...831157?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=checkYourAccount

if above link doesn't work, just go to www.nlb.gov.sg and go to ''Check Your Account''

for goodness sake, for those still whining over NLB sending letters for fines worth 15 cents, do yourself a favour, do NLB a favour, if you can read this online you can check your account in the above links.

Honestly in principal the Library has every right to claim back the fines but in reality it is not doing the smart thing. A better way would be to bar one from borrowing books if one has a fine regardless of the amount. Then the person can pay the fine on the spot.

Instead you let the fine sit there and no one remembers or bothers and 6 years later you ask them to pay a fine.... Ridiculous.....

My parents too recieved a letter each from the library...... asking them to pay fines for overdue books. Only problem is that my mother is Chinese educated so why would she borrow books on ecology??! And my father is a technician and why would he borrow books on Wall Street and investing? Best part? Books are borrowed in 1997...... 10 years ago. Borrowed by me? Also not possible as I was not in Singapore from 1997 till 2001.... so who borrowed those books??

Status
Not open for further replies.