Any shops here carry the D90 with 18-200mm VR II package?

kriegsketten

Apr 7, 2010
Southern Enclave
I noticed that in the Nikon price list maintained here on CS, the package isn't listed there. I know it's available in Japan and else where...

I do not want to purchase the 18-105mm package so I'm contemplating on getting the body and lens separately if I can't get the 18-200 kit set locally...

Another question, all Nikkor lenses have international warranties right? So there is not such thing as a "grey" Nikkor lens? Please feel free to correct me on this. DD Electronics has quite low prices on some lenses I'm eyeing on. Does anyone think that's a good idea? Care to share your experiences with them?...

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I noticed that in the Nikon price list maintained here on CS, the package isn't listed there. I know it's available in Japan and else where...

I do not want to purchase the 18-105mm package so I'm contemplating on getting the body and lens separately if I can't get the 18-200 kit set locally...

Another question, all Nikkor lenses have international warranties right? So there is not such thing as a "grey" Nikkor lens? Please feel free to correct me on this. DD Electronics has quite low prices on some lenses I'm eyeing on. Does anyone think that's a good idea? Care to share your experiences with them?...

Thanks in advance!

Grey sets come with international warranties, yes, but these cards specify the country they come from (so if they import from say HK then the warranty card will put there HK), and if they are stamped by local dealer it will be considered grey set.

Need to confirm this though.

Anyway the last time I asked them about warranty they said go directly to them and not NSC, so...

Go to P&G Camera Adelphi Center. They have a very mint D90 (only 11 shutter count) and a used 18~200mm up for grab. I think you will pay $1800++ in all.

Think about it.

Two months plus ago when I was shopping around for my D90, I remembered that Max Photo was able to quote a package with the 18-200mm VRII.

Call them and check, the price should have come down.

When I was shopping for my D90, I got a qoute from iPhoto, the shop where Lord is operating from, for that 18-200mm kit lens too. You might want to check with them.

Thanks to all, I'll check with the above mentioned shops.

Andrew, thanks for the heads-up. Price can be attractive, but keener on a spanking new set however (you would care more insanely for it, like a "firstborn" since you start from day 1)... Consider me a "Virgin" DSLRer who would probably prefer an equivalent "virgin" set as a partner. But my attitude may change over the years, who knows? LOL Why does it sound so familiar?...