Any DVD writer to recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Iomega one works fine :) Have burnt 3.4GB liao onto a DVD+RW using my slow Celeron 566.

I'm not too sure of the benefits of being able to burn onto both types of media though.... pricewise, the media cost almost identical but the "dual-format" drive usually cost at least $100 more than "single format" type.

Btw, Verbatim DVD+RW's are going for ~$9 per piece at the PC Show. Is this a good price? TDK ones are going for $18 a piece :dunno:

Originally posted by mpenza
The Iomega one works fine :) Have burnt 3.4GB liao onto a DVD+RW using my slow Celeron 566.

I'm not too sure of the benefits of being able to burn onto both types of media though.... pricewise, the media cost almost identical but the "dual-format" drive usually cost at least $100 more than "single format" type.

Btw, Verbatim DVD+RW's are going for ~$9 per piece at the PC Show. Is this a good price? TDK ones are going for $18 a piece :dunno:

the TDK one is abt $100 more, but you got much better software bundled, and the -R/RW media is still cheaper than +R/RW media now

$9 a piece ok lar... a year ago i got my DVD-R at $30+ a piece, and my first 3 DVD-R become coaster becos of the stupid drive.

Verbatim one is good, i just burn a few yesterday.

IIRC, you can get cheap cheap DVD-R at $3 in sim lim.
oops....your iomega writer only support +R/RW hor.... :D

would you know what price are the DVD+RW selling at SLS? The Chamoxa people said the PC Show price ($9) is much better. :dunno: The Verbatim DVD-RW is selling at $8 or $9.

Originally posted by mpenza
would you know what price are the DVD+RW selling at SLS? The Chamoxa people said the PC Show price ($9) is much better. :dunno: The Verbatim DVD-RW is selling at $8 or $9.

hmm...dunno the latest price now...cos i got mine long long time ago....and it was $20 a piece ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.