Another Singapore CBD cityscape =p

is it a panorama shot ? like stitched some pics together ?

hi the shot in the first post is not a panorama. It is in picture #3 in post #5 =)

well instead of catching it in evening, u can try to catch the sunrise at this spot..
for pano at this spot, u will have to work the files a bit..cos the horizon is curved.. also like what others have mentioned, editing is key to touch up your photos

i attached the photo i shot at this spot for reference..if you need me to take it down, let me know

Nice shot! Yup would try sunrise too thanks!
Eh my retouching skills still need a lot of 'touch ups' hehe, I was using the automatic stitching in a slightly older verson of Photoshop. For that photo I underexposed to hold the highlights then adjusted a bit of Curves only.

No worries I have no issues with sharing, a picture is better than a thousand words! Just don't want to violate any rules hee...

you could also try a longer shutter speed to blur the reflections in the water, and boost the colours a bit in post.

nice =)
thanks zaren for taking your time to PP to illustrate your point!
care to share some pointers in your editing? =p I'm guessing adjusting the hue to more blue, boosting a bit of saturation and bluring the water?

nice =)
thanks zaren for taking your time to PP to illustrate your point!
care to share some pointers in your editing? =p I'm guessing adjusting the hue to more blue, boosting a bit of saturation and bluring the water?

yes, you got it. :)

yes, you got it. :)

wow thanks for your lightning quick reply!
amazing how the mods and some members can camp here 24/7, answering queries and dish out valuable pointers!!!

where did u took those pics from?

hi switchz_es, it was taken from Gardens by the Bay East, somewhere in the middle of the garden heh, can't remember exact location though I'm sure from the pictures and walking along the garden you can find it =)

Thanks for the info, will try to look for it this wk thanks!

Bro Thoongeng,

Wanted to ask from where #3 was shot from. (is it east coast park? or the far side of Marina Barrage?)

I did this from the barrage. which at full res is about 90MP... but doesn't really upload properly. :|

Is there a place where one could go with a long-ish (say 300) focal length for even more compression... :|

Last edited:
Bro Thoongeng,

Wanted to ask from where #3 was shot from. (is it east coast park? or the far side of Marina Barrage?)

I did this from the barrage. which at full res is about 90MP... but doesn't really upload properly. :|

Is there a place where one could go with a long-ish (say 300) focal length for even more compression... :|

hi Shinsengumi999, thanks for sharing!

all my photos in this thread are taken from Gardens by the Bay East. It's on the other side of the Marina Barrage, opposite Gardens by the Bay (Bay South) where the solar powered artificial trees are

Last edited: