Another accident @ Rochor/Bugis junction

tsk tsk, his son drink drive still dare to shout at reporters

No wonder some overseas celebrity said Singaporeans can't cross a road without a zebra crossing to guide them across.

Traffic signals or not, you slow down and check for oncoming traffic when approaching a junction.

oversea ? they drive like mad people !

[video=youtube;l_eiP8sk_KQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_eiP8sk_KQ&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;FxTi5BF8bJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxTi5BF8bJQ&feature=endscreen&NR=1[/video]

[video=youtube;LerTt6EpgYo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LerTt6EpgYo[/video]

actually you can find more on youtube. singapore is so much safer///

crossing the bridge also kanna.......who said overhead bridge is safe?

Last edited:
oversea ? they drive like mad people !

[video=youtube;l_eiP8sk_KQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_eiP8sk_KQ&feature=related[/video]
Which is why they have a greater sense of instinct when it comes to hitting the road.

[vid]RjrEQaG5jPM[/vid]
YouTube Video ID No. RJREQAG5JPM

Organised chaos.

also noticed the traffic control measures on the highway is much better.

kei1309 said:
you seriously have a bone to pick with me, don't beat around the bush. you darn well know that's not how it sounds like.

Har? Why people talking about accident you talking about collecting bone? Just checking in dictionary (http://www.cantonese.sheik.co.uk/dictionary/words/2203/) you correct, that is not how it sounds like. It should be "kei gwaai". Sorry sorry...

Which is why they have a greater sense of instinct when it comes to hitting the road.

[vid]RjrEQaG5jPM[/vid]
YouTube Video ID No. RJREQAG5JPM

Organised chaos.

OMG ride these taxis or tuk tuks there I almost died in heart attack but the fun part is even they are un-organized in the road i didnt see a single accident when i was there for two full week. But you must be ready to go deaf as they like to honk thier horns like every few seconds this is the only way to inform others that He's I'm here!!

OMG ride these taxis or tuk tuks there I almost died in heart attack but the fun part is even they are un-organized in the road i didnt see a single accident when i was there for two full week. But you must be ready to go deaf as they like to honk thier horns like every few seconds this is the only way to inform others that He's I'm here!!
The noise was still ok for me, you kind of get accustomed to it after a while. It was the pungent smell of Mumbai that got to me.

Did witness the aftermath of an accident though. A truck driver was said to have hit the rear of a car from the side while speeding, careened out of control before it struck a cattle and a tree which resulted in the truck driver being flung from the cab. Worst to come, he was dragged by oncoming traffic for a short distance. Plenty of onlookers surrounded him not bothering to help as he laid dying by the road side. Karma they said.

Given the down play of the Ferrari accident by mainstream media, it appears they are whitewashing to cool public sentiments. By excluding details to the public , they know many will not pursue or even forget about the matter in time. Couple with the recent Lexus accident, the focus of the attention digress to the traffic lights as the culprit. This is a familar tactic use so often in the media that we do not trust mainstream reporting until we have alternate sources of information.
considering that ST had like at least one page coverage of the story for a number of consecutive days, is that still considered "down play"... usually traffic incidents at most like a quarter page for a single day...

There was no clarification that the blood test for alcohol in the Ferrari crash was taken from the deceased's body and not from the crash scene. So I don't buy the idea that the Ferrari driver was not intoxicated. Because it ploughed straight into the taxi. No matter how fast the car was speeding, it would be a natural reflex action to want to avoid a crash. If he was not intoxicated, the driver would have tried to swerve ever so slightly. This reflex action is subconsciously controlled and instinctive - there was no way he could NOT have done it if he was not intoxicated.
wait for the coroner's report to come out for clarification :)

I don't think there will be a coroner's report. Ferrari driver was cremated within 2 days after the crash. :cry:

theRBK said:

Regardless of he is in the influence while driving he still speeding and with his irresponsible act had killed two innocent people and injured others. I am glad he died else he'll just make things worst and ppl will get more angry I'd he survive.

I think next time LTA and all transportation agency all over the world should include psychological test and do background checks before issuing a license. Make it hard and tough to get one and stricter law so ppl would think twice breaking the law.

kei1309 said:
it should be enough to get some information before the cremation.

No need to check regardless what he's guiltily if he survive he should have get the murder case for killing two innocent poor souls.

I don't think there will be a coroner's report. Ferrari driver was cremated within 2 days after the crash. :cry:
it's a traffic incident that caused the lost of life... there will definitely be a coroner's report... the authorities would not have released the body to the family to cremate unless the authorities have cleared the body... but it will take time as they have to get all the details together before releasing a single report, not like news coverage where they can always add more later on as they find out more...

Regardless of he is in the influence while driving he still speeding and with his irresponsible act had killed two innocent people and injured others.
agree with you about all that... definitely he was speeding and caused the accident... just that there are doubts over whether he was also intoxicated or not, and the coroner's report will set that straight... my earlier post was only commenting about that aspect...

TV news 9.30pm 4 Jun 2012 LTA finally agrees to install overhead traffic lights. At first they refused. Maybe they got overruled by higher authority.

wow. overseas road big mah, so they drive like it's their grandparents' road

it's a traffic incident that caused the lost of life... there will definitely be a coroner's report... the authorities would not have released the body to the family to cremate unless the authorities have cleared the body... but it will take time as they have to get all the details together before releasing a single report, not like news coverage where they can always add more later on as they find out more...

agree with you about all that... definitely he was speeding and caused the accident... just that there are doubts over whether he was also intoxicated or not, and the coroner's report will set that straight... my earlier post was only commenting about that aspect...

Forensic report has already stated that the driver was not intoxicated. Coroner's report will not take so long..1. Because truly if there's a coroner report, the body will not be allowed for cremation within 2 days of death. ;)