Announcement of Nikon D70 DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watcher said:
Wah really dreaming :D Take 2) for example. Sigma sells it at list price of US$1k, with aperture from 4.5-5.6, using 82mm (or 86mm, can't remember) filters. ;)

Frankly, some of your "dreams" can only work in dreamland as it seems to break certain law of physics... :bsmilie:

Hi I think you misunderstood.

Digital lens made from scratch like 4/3 actually can create the aperture and yet produce smaller lens, lighter because it is not full frame. So, the law of sizes due to focal length ratio to aperture may not hold here.

johnyu said:
Any speculation on which body D70 is based on? F75?

And, anyone got any medicine or concoction help suppressing excitment and the temptation to spend on yet another new, hot camera? :flame:

Try rat poison - permanent cure! :bsmilie:

Hope it has -
built-in flash
faster focusing than D100
controls like the F100

Hmmm...
To sell a camera this cheap, sure some functions will be disabled rite?
E.g. : no FEC, no custom WB. bleah... bleah... :think:

AReality said:
Hmmm...
To sell a camera this cheap, sure some functions will be disabled rite?
E.g. : no FEC, no custom WB. bleah... bleah... :think:

Isn't it the same for NnnX? ;)

Nah... think FEC and WB will be there for D70. :blah:

Sean said:
Sorry for my ignorance, i'm new to photography.. Do you mean that if D70 can only use DX lenses, those normal AF lenses cannot be used?

Please read the first thread again..........on the last few lines at the bottom of the paragraph............ :sweat:

Features...........blah blah blah.........

almost wanted to jumpship to Canon D300...yes..I shall wait for this baby !!!

curreny user of N60

denizenx said:
does it work with the better nikon lenses? afs, vr etc?
i don't see any reason why not... potential hook for Nikon to get more people to buy the bigger and more ex lenses...

anyway why are you guys talking about FEC? isn't that a Canon thing?

ekardo said:
almost wanted to jumpship to Canon D300...yes..I shall wait for this baby !!!

curreny user of N60

Based on Nikon marketing strategy, prepare to wait for at least 4 months or more....before the 1st shipment ever reach the consumer. :blah:

:sweat: This is luring...

Who's the first on CP's holding list? Own up? :)

denizenx said:
does it work with the better nikon lenses? afs, vr etc?

from DPreview:

The D70 joins Nikon's current selection of digital SLR models and employs the popular Nikon DX format sensor and Nikon F lens mount. This design will allow photographers to use high quality DX Nikkor lenses, and also maintain seamless compatibility with all AF Nikkor lenses and the D70. Designed exclusively for Nikon's D-series digital SLR cameras, DX Nikkor lenses are optimized to achieve outstanding center-to-edge-to-corner image quality, when used with any of Nikon's digital SLR cameras including the D1, D1X, D1H, D100, the new high-speed D2H, and the forthcoming D70.​

Does anyone know what kind of body it is? Is it as plasticky as the Canon 300D?

If it is, I think I will still go for D100.

dnka said:
hope this picture from dpreview is authentic...

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0312/nikon/nikond70-001.jpg

doesn't look plasticky to me :think:

Wow..!! beautiful...!!

If it follows the Nikon F75, then it would only have one command dial... and it would probably be situated at the back of the camera..cause F75 is at the back..

from the picture... is it very likely that the new D70 would have 2 command dial??

Anyone knows or seen any rumours whether the D70 will sell with a kit lens lke what 300D does??

Im sure this D70 will be around the same price range as the 300D when first launch... but just dunno whether will there be a lens to kit with it...!

SuRfTeC said:
Im sure this D70 will be around the same price range as the 300D when first launch... but just dunno whether will there be a lens to kit with it...!
D70 will prob be bundled with the new DX lens...

from the Nikon press release...
"A new DX Zoom-Nikkor lens is being developed concurrently to deliver a focal length range optimized for use as the standard zoom lens for the Nikon D70."

NorthernLights said:
Hi I think you misunderstood.

Digital lens made from scratch like 4/3 actually can create the aperture and yet produce smaller lens, lighter because it is not full frame. So, the law of sizes due to focal length ratio to aperture may not hold here.
May be true, but tough though. Would *you* abandon your Canon lens investments for these lenses (at a higher price though)?

Larry said:

"A new DX Zoom-Nikkor lens is being developed concurrently to deliver a focal length range optimized for use as the standard zoom lens for the Nikon D70."

Thanks Larry,

now we'll just wait patiently for the D70 to be launched in Spring 2004...!!

cheers

dnka said:
from DPreview:

The D70 joins Nikon's current selection of digital SLR models and employs the popular Nikon DX format sensor and Nikon F lens mount. This design will allow photographers to use high quality DX Nikkor lenses, and also maintain seamless compatibility with all AF Nikkor lenses and the D70. Designed exclusively for Nikon's D-series digital SLR cameras, DX Nikkor lenses are optimized to achieve outstanding center-to-edge-to-corner image quality, when used with any of Nikon's digital SLR cameras including the D1, D1X, D1H, D100, the new high-speed D2H, and the forthcoming D70.​
hmm they always say can work with all F mount lenses what... just that there's also this compatibility table in small font..
if can then good for u all lor... :)

Larry said:

probly equiv of the 18-55mm...
dun flame me, but while the 300D has the nice AF and CMOS chip from the 10D in a lesser body, D70 has...?

Watcher said:
Wah really dreaming :D Take 2) for example. Sigma sells it at list price of US$1k, with aperture from 4.5-5.6, using 82mm (or 86mm, can't remember) filters. ;)

Frankly, some of your "dreams" can only work in dreamland as it seems to break certain law of physics... :bsmilie:

Like what NorthernLights mentioned - it might be possible if the lenses are not FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.