An American who cannot distinguish between Sikhs and Taliban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Mitt Romney cannot distinguish between Sikh and Sheikh. He looks like another fiasco in the making.

Some Chinese think Mitt Romney is their Mi Lon Li 先生:

old-chinese-man.jpg

Last edited:
Some Chinese think Mitt Romney is their Mi Lon Li 先生:

Mitt seems like a confused guy although he has double the IQ of George Bush. :dunno:

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K9njHHyRI7g[/video]

Mitt seems like a confused guy although he has double the IQ of George Bush. :dunno:

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K9njHHyRI7g[/video]

Not sure if Obama's "57 states of America" is much better.

Not sure if Obama's "57 states of America" is much better.

And the free world depends on America for leadership.

Not everyone.

We have our own leadership in Kopitiam = Kei Chan.

:bsmilie:

Ha ha, :bsmilie: Kei Chan and Kim Jong-un.

i can't tell the difference between Chinese (around the world), Vietnamese, Korean or Japanese.

Assume you don't make the guess by their speech & dress sense, the male gender of Asian races can look very similar in general.

Ie, Korean men can look very Chinese or Japanese and some even like south-east Asian. There has been a research about the gene pool with relation to south-east asians.

Japanese women usually look very "Japanese" & their skin tone (lacking red) is very different from that of Koreans and mainland Chinese. For the case of Japanese men it is another great puzzle, I've seen plenty of Japanese men who are very dark skinned... perhaps they played too much baseball in high school? Typically these dark skinned japanese men have larger eyes and look awfully like south east asians.

However for the case of the vietnamese, we have an opposite game altogether. Vietnamese men typically look "vietnamese", dark skinned with typically south-east asian facial features. As you go up north towards hanoi you will see more chinese or east-asian looking men, since local migration is widespread it is not surprising to find a guy looking like a hong-konger in ho chi minh city nowadays. As for the women there are diverse mixture of looks where genes might have come from cambodia, polynesia, laos, yunnan & ancient mainland china. There is still however the typical vietnamese eyes with give away 50% of the time. Go take the north-east line (bound for punggol) from harbourfront to dhoby ghaut and you can see tons of examples.

Being a sikh, I don't even think we should bother about the Americans. Singaporeans themselves, despite being Asians can't even tell the difference. Heck, I've stayed in USA for half my life in Kansas and I faced less racism there then here.

Really don't think so highly about Singapore, you'll be sadly shocked when you see how low it goes.

I still remember an angry Sikh uncle chased me and my classmate on his scooter for a long distance because he saw my classmate pulling my ear on the bus, he immediately assumed we were playing the "Babu Simi Sek?" game. Lucky my school bus driver is the Lau Ah Beng gangster type who challenged the Sikh uncle to a fight trying to protect us. The Sikh uncle decided not to fight and left. We were scared **** but we really weren't playing Babu Simi Sek. True story. So racial discrimination locally in Singapore is already strong back then and our Sikh friends had always been subject of jokes, ie ride motorcycle no need helmet, swimming still wear helmet, etc etc.

Still, home is home, better to be in Asia among own people than in a western culture who may not be as tolerant and their jokes would hold real malice instead of humor.

We use to live happily with all the races together here but now with the influx of FT, tolerance level had gone rock bottom. I had seen an middle age uncle asking an Indian man to '' go home to your country'' in the Q at Shop and Save. It could be due to a personal encounter that prompt the uncle's action, maybe he was being replaced at work place? When I speak mandarin in the coffee shop I am so afraid that I will be mistaken as an FT lolzzz... better speak Hokkien :) I hate the army of cyclists riding on the pavement and ringing their bicycle bells, I just ignore them them walk slowly. Feel like telling them ''here is no China and even in China they ride on the road'' things have change in Singapore, guess we still treat all locals equally irregardless of race but to non local its a different story.

Hope this helps:

Vietnamese:

Miss%2BVietnam.jpg

Korean:

Song_Hye_Gyo_008.jpg

Japanese:

cute-japanese-girl-hairstyle.jpg

Doesn't help lah, all looks the same to me.

Hope this helps:

Sikhs:

293745-sikhs-in-india-protest-against-wisconsin-sikh-temple-shooting-photos.jpg

Taliban:

Supporters+of+hardline+pro-Taliban+party+Jamiat+Ulema-i-Islam-Nazaryati+(JUI-N)+burn+a+US+flag+during+a+protest+in+Quetta+on+June+18,+2009+against+the+military+operation+against+Taliban+militants+in+Swat+and+Buner+Valleys.jpg

I think the turban is different shape.

Last edited:
I am stopping this thread as it is going in a different direction.

Thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.