Alternative chargers for A350 batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewl

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
I lost my battery charger for the a350 cam and was wondering if there are any alternatives to the original charger. I left the charger at the hotel room and checked out without realizing it :(

Was looking at eastgear website and realized that they have this charger where you can buy additional adapters to fit the battery you are charging. Would anyone know if any of the below will work for the A350? If not, what are my alternatives?

http://www.eastgear.com/store/camera-batteries-charger-c-47_48.html?page=2

I would recommend getting the original charger, there is also a twin charger available if you have more than 1 battery.

Only prob is the provided charger that came with the set is not sold anywhere (not that i know of) and the twin charger one cost 200 bucks. I was looking around for something more affordable :(

Bro, I have not tried this personally but I believe this might be of interest to you :)

Travel Charger for Alpha

Best of all, its relatively cheap too!

That's exactly what I'm looking for :D Its for the a100 though. Does it use the same battery as the a350?

Can't help you on that one but perhaps you can try giving them a call and asking them?

I'm a a350 user as well; am also interested in getting one as a spare for overseas trips :D

That's exactly what I'm looking for :D Its for the a100 though. Does it use the same battery as the a350?

i don't think u can use it. a100 uses a different battery than a[237]00,a350

So looks like I'm out of ideas then. Been looking around but even Sony shops do not sell the charger that came with the set. They only sell the twin charger which is really kinda exp :confused:

So looks like I'm out of ideas then. Been looking around but even Sony shops do not sell the charger that came with the set. They only sell the twin charger which is really kinda exp :confused:

Hi there, try to call Sony service centre, they might sell it as a spare part...:think:

Got a quote from Sony service center. $92 for the charger, $16 for the cable :bigeyes: Almost 100 bucks for just a simple charger? I guess even shipping those travel chargers from ebay will not come up to half of the cost quoted by sony..

can always try ebay.

I brought one aftermarket Minolta 5D charger @ ebay sometime ago.

Got a quote from Sony service center. $92 for the charger, $16 for the cable :bigeyes: Almost 100 bucks for just a simple charger? I guess even shipping those travel chargers from ebay will not come up to half of the cost quoted by sony..

3rd party ones? I wouldn't want to risk exploding my original battery and end up have to get another battery & charger. Just bite the bullet and get the original to have lesser headache and a peace of mind. Not to mention that you can use your cam sooner too.

Just take it as a lesson learn and I am sure you will never forget your charger again. :bsmilie:
(just kidding, no offense).

Seriously with the SONY Infolithiums, it's best to use the original charger... if you looked around extensively as you have, you'll find that there are hardly any 3rd party batteries and chargers for SONY branded cameras... cos the circuitry within the camera and battery... 3rd party batteries might not work properly in the SONY camera and the SONY batteries might not charge properly in a 3rd party charger... Alan Photo once told me that they had customers who purchased 3rd party SONY batteries for the PnS but found out that the batteries could not be used for the full charge... so I was advised to go with the original cos guaranteed it will work... when I bought a Casio 3rd party battery, there was no such concern cos the 3rd party batteries work just as well, only perhaps shorter lifespan and hold charge for a shorter period...

Seriously with the SONY Infolithiums, it's best to use the original charger... if you looked around extensively as you have, you'll find that there are hardly any 3rd party batteries and chargers for SONY branded cameras... cos the circuitry within the camera and battery... 3rd party batteries might not work properly in the SONY camera and the SONY batteries might not charge properly in a 3rd party charger... Alan Photo once told me that they had customers who purchased 3rd party SONY batteries for the PnS but found out that the batteries could not be used for the full charge... so I was advised to go with the original cos guaranteed it will work... when I bought a Casio 3rd party battery, there was no such concern cos the 3rd party batteries work just as well, only perhaps shorter lifespan and hold charge for a shorter period...

I got the same reply from MS about the third-party batteries for the Alpha... it seem Sony is trying to prevent people from using third-party product... :think:

I got the same reply from MS about the third-party batteries for the Alpha... it seem Sony is trying to prevent people from using third-party product... :think:

Correct... when Infolithiums were first released on their camcorders, there was a huge flap in the US about consumer rights... now everyone just buys them without blinking cos the Infolithiums and Stamina batteries are really good... last very long and tell you how much charge you have left in an easy to understand no. of minutes...

I lent someone a W300 (13MP, 2.5" LCD screen) with two batteries. It lasted 2 weeks with some to spare... pretty good value I would say...

Last edited:
Correct... when Infolithiums were first released on their camcorders, there was a huge flap in the US about consumer rights... now everyone just buys them without blinking cos the Infolithiums and Stamina batteries are really good... last very long and tell you how much charge you have left in an easy to understand no. of minutes...

I lent someone a W300 (13MP, 2.5" LCD screen) with two batteries. It lasted 2 weeks with some to spare... pretty good value I would say...

I agree it is very good to be able to get all the accurate info, but the price of the original battery make me... :sweat:

I do have to admit that the original batteries have really gd life but the charger is after all, a simple device which supplies electricity to the battery to have it charged. I ordered mine on ebay already so keeping my finger crossed.

I do have to admit that the original batteries have really gd life but the charger is after all, a simple device which supplies electricity to the battery to have it charged. I ordered mine on ebay already so keeping my finger crossed.

Curious... what is the selling price in ebay? :)

The sony chargers charge really fast , they may not be worth 100 though but they aren't ordinary chargers. For sony camcorders ( i use a sr12) , the 3rd party chargers were also much slower than sony ones. If that is impt to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.