All New FZ1000

FZ1000 should arrive on our shores this month. ;)

Panasonic Singapore on facebook suggests that it will be unveiled soon, though not sure if soon means a week or a month....

Any news about availability and pricing here in SG?

It has been around for past 3 weeks or so at 1199$

Big Warning to all potential buyers ... The battery will not be possible to OPEN if you decide to put any kind of video quick release.

Only those super ultra small photography quick release will allow the battery door to open ...

So, its practically useless for using in events, weddings, corp work unless you want your client to wait 5mins just for you to change batteries. LOL

Then use the ultra small quick release lah. Its not appropriate to call this cam "useless"

I think u didn't complete the sentence. Its practically useless FOR 'Events, Weddings & Corp Work'.

Of course, if i use it for photography or hand held personal videography projects its ok and not useless.

You do know that we videographers use pretty big quick release and its a must to have. Cannot use another type of release if not it will not fit the whole setup of tripod, sliders, glide cams, cranes, etc.

Most cameras of this size have the battery located at the bottom eg canon, sony , nikon etc. Some of those cameras have been used to film HD movies and documentaries. They dont seem to be "useless" at all

Both of you make valid points. I can see how some shooters will find it a dealbreaker if they have to remove the QR just to change battery and/or SD card, while other shooters may not mind compromising on that if they like the other features of the FZ1000 as a package. *shrug* Different strokes for different folks.

Most cameras of this size have the battery located at the bottom eg canon, sony , nikon etc. Some of those cameras have been used to film HD movies and documentaries. They dont seem to be "useless" at all

Most are usually further from the battery door... say at least an inch+?
With the FZ1000, I'm not sure there's a QR small enough that would allow the battery door to be opened... It doesn't make it 'useless', just 'unappealing/unsuitable' to some people.

panasonic-fz1000-3074.jpg

via: http://www.cnet.com/pictures/panasonics-lumix-fz1000-compact-zoom-focuses-on-video-pictures/7/

Last edited:
I think you don't get what i meant at all ... Please go read up and study the camera before making more comments that will make you look really .... (nvm, lol)

The pictures from Kandinsky will give you a hint.

And all you focus on is the word useless ... You didn't even read my first comment on the battery door. OMG. The word might be harsh but it looks like it for some of us.

And Kandinsky ... I've already made my POINT that is Useless FOR professional work (except for onset movie production where u have hell a lot of time) because its really unprofessional if you need to remove the QR everytime u need to change battery (and that takes 5mins) and also kills your balance if u use the glide cam ... I've never said it was bad for peeps using it as a photo camera OR for leisure and this joker just kept harping on that single word ... And also Kandinsky you do know its really dumb to have a separate QR format if you are already using lets say Manfrotto's 577 plate for the rest of your cameras right?

Are you like that in real life Maldito? Your Co-workers summarise a topic and you just pick a word to critique for a few meetings? LoL

Lastly, my message was to INFORM potential videographers about the issue instead of finding any fault with anyone. And i do also know there is ONLY ONE professional branded QR that can fit and yet open the battery door in the market. Even the widely use Manfrotto 323 Plate can't be used.

I do have a feeling that there will be a FZ1100 that will replace this and solve the problem within 6mths cause panasonic does listen to their customers.

Cheers

I'm not your typical neighbour who sells fish in the market. I don't work for Panasonic but we put in a lot of hours in the R&D before the product comes out of the market that's why calling it "useless" is not appropriate. No product is perfect, everything has its pros and cons. The car that you've been driving or the phone that you've been using is not perfect but its not "useless". You dont call a phone "useless" just because you cant change the battery. (which phone is this?). Its up to the user if they can accept those design. If you're speaking from a videographer point of view you should know that this type of cam is used to complement your dedicated videocam to cover events like weddings. You don't go out to cover an important event with one cam you just borrowed from your neighbour.

Reactions: Greg0222
This is the internet bro. So u going to go on and on referring back to other ppl' opinions? Which they had all the right to do so no matter u agree or not.

U do have the right to say your view but I'm not join in your quest to find justice in everything you feel unjust in the online world. Good luck in doing that.

And to poke fun and hopefully make u not so happy. Here is a reviewer talking about it. There r ppl in the comments who solved the issue using as mentioned very small QR plates but there ppl complaining. U can go tell them your logic find eternal justice! Cheers

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tH5ccLiINK8

It appears that youre the one who keeps referring to other peoples opinion by posting ther peoples comment. Why dont you do your own review in youtube then provide me the link. Dont forget to use magic word "useless". Let me see how the world reacts to sharp tounged individual like you. This maybe internet but the sword also strikes in the cyberworld.

Stay cool guys. The camera will be good for some but may not be friendly for others. Just move on. Everyone got the choice to choose what they want to use for their photography needs.

Actually the Sirui TY-C10 fits nicely on the FZ1000. I tried it and it works fine without blocking the battery/SDcard compartment.

When :dunno:is this beauty coming to SG?

Whats the cycle for this kinda camera? I think its been out for a year already..Sony has launched the RX 10 II which is its direct competitor..do you think mark II or whatever name they will use will be out anytime soon? Just asking..