Airport Lounges around the world

This is pretty nice and you get an Express ticket which allows you to bypass the queue for customs - not even Changi has this - but I guess our queues are not that long.

The lounge is big and there is lots of food. Kudos...

Just spent some time in the Wellington Kuro Lounge, small airport but excellant lounge - big, decent food and showers. Much better than those in China.

The Christchurch Lounge

This is a rather quiet airport, but the lounge is large and comfy. There is not a lot of food, but the place is big and there are free showers. As in many airport lounges in NZ, there is a big selection of wine.

I ll recommend pps lounge of singapore.

Last edited:
There is this Priority pass card i which received annually, allows me to enter an extensive range of airport lounges in over 100 countries. Now it is even more convenience to locate the airport lounges after they have launched the iphone application. ;)

This is pretty nice and you get an Express ticket which allows you to bypass the queue for customs - not even Changi has this - but I guess our queues are not that long.

The lounge is big and there is lots of food. Kudos...

Actually, the Express ticket doesn't allow you to bypass customs - it just allows you to go to the express lane for custom or immigration queue, at least for Auckland or Sydney.

Last edited:
Actually, the Express ticket doesn't allow you to bypass customs - it just allows you to go to the express lane for custom or immigration queue, at least for Auckland or Sydney.

You need to read my post again bro...

"bypass the queue for customs" - don't worry, us guys have trouble concentrating on details.... its common...

You need to read my post again bro...

"bypass the queue for customs" - don't worry, us guys have trouble concentrating on details.... its common...

Yes, you are indeed right. Cheers!

Using the China Airlines lounge for Star Alliance in Beijing, quite pitiful... difficult to log into the wi- fi and its instant noodles here!

As someone who travels excessively (I spent 144 nights in hotels last year) I would echo the comments of those who mentioned a lounge is a means to an end only. Quick drink a quiet place to collect your thoughts or download e-mail before sitting in a tin can for several hours breathing in other peoples coughs, sneezes and flatulence.

Changi's T3 SQ private room is probably one of the nicer lounges to visit (invite only). Incheon was ok with good facilities but lacks ambiance and the seats are not that comfortable. Hong Kong star alliance sucks badly but the SQ lounge is ok. Sydney star alliance lounge is ok but I always go out for anything to eat as the food selection is terrible. Melbourne and Brisbane are similar. Beijing and Shanghai Star alliance lounges are just about ok but the door is definitely lacking (sponge cake with added xylitol anyone?). That said they do make up for it with letting you travel on the golf carts to and from security. KL SQ lounge is far too small and I prefer to hang out in Burger King as it has better food and ambiance (not meant as a compliment to BK!). You can use the Thai airways lounge at KL though which is much better. The lounge in Hanoi is straight out of the sixties but is big and well spaced out to allow personal space.

Europe and the US hold nothing on the Asian carrier lounges. The virgin lounge at heathrow may be flashy but with all the upgrades they give out it is impossible to get a seat in the lounge on busy routes.

The Less said about some of the US lounges the better

For me it is not about the lounge experience but how well I am looked after when on board the flight and SQ top my list so far. They are not perfect and I have complained a couple of times, but on the whole the spacious seats, service and quality of food and entertainment make a package other carriers don't consistently match.

SeldomHere

Interesting and thanks for sharing, you sound like the chap from "Up in the Air"...

As someone who travels excessively (I spent 144 nights in hotels last year) I would echo the comments of those who mentioned a lounge is a means to an end only. Quick drink a quiet place to collect your thoughts or download e-mail before sitting in a tin can for several hours breathing in other peoples coughs, sneezes and flatulence.

Changi's T3 SQ private room is probably one of the nicer lounges to visit (invite only). Incheon was ok with good facilities but lacks ambiance and the seats are not that comfortable. Hong Kong star alliance sucks badly but the SQ lounge is ok. Sydney star alliance lounge is ok but I always go out for anything to eat as the food selection is terrible. Melbourne and Brisbane are similar. Beijing and Shanghai Star alliance lounges are just about ok but the door is definitely lacking (sponge cake with added xylitol anyone?). That said they do make up for it with letting you travel on the golf carts to and from security. KL SQ lounge is far too small and I prefer to hang out in Burger King as it has better food and ambiance (not meant as a compliment to BK!). You can use the Thai airways lounge at KL though which is much better. The lounge in Hanoi is straight out of the sixties but is big and well spaced out to allow personal space.

Europe and the US hold nothing on the Asian carrier lounges. The virgin lounge at heathrow may be flashy but with all the upgrades they give out it is impossible to get a seat in the lounge on busy routes.

The Less said about some of the US lounges the better

For me it is not about the lounge experience but how well I am looked after when on board the flight and SQ top my list so far. They are not perfect and I have complained a couple of times, but on the whole the spacious seats, service and quality of food and entertainment make a package other carriers don't consistently match.

SeldomHere

what u working as? so envious! (from someone who is stuck in a cubicle for many years) :cry:

what u working as? so envious! (from someone who is stuck in a cubicle for many years) :cry:

The grass looks greener on the other side bro...
Spending your life in a plane is not fun...

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/worlds-best-airport-lounge-named-20100315-q74m.html

World's best airport lounge named

March 15, 2010
Airport lounges can ease some of the pain of travelling, and the SUMAQ VIP lounge of Lima's international airport has been voted the world's best for 2010 by independent airport lounge programme Priority Pass.
Priority Pass, the world's biggest membership programme that gives frequent travellers access to airport lounges regardless of their class of travel or which airline they've flown, asked more than 30,000 passengers from all over the world to pick their favourite lounge from among a 600-strong list.
The lounge at Peru's Jorge Chavez International Airport came up tops, reclaiming its 2009 position, with travellers praising its business facilities and relaxation rooms that have blankets, pillows and showers.
Advertisement: Story continues below
"The awards reflect truly exemplary service standards from the SUMAQ VIP Lounge and our other award winners," Jonathan French, head of brand at Priority Pass, said in a statement.
By region, Continental Presidents Club, Terminal E, Houston, Texas, was voted the best lounge in North America and Zurich's Panorama Lounge the best in Europe.
In the Asia Pacific, KAL Lounge, Concourse A, in Seoul's Incheon Airport was in first place while Bahrain's Dilmun Lounge was the top in the Middle East and Africa.

Tried the DBS Treasures lounge in T3 recently.
Small but the service is personal and the food is much better than the Gold Lounge opposite. They even throw in a limo to the airport...
But you need 1.5 mil in investments to quality....

The Sydney International Airport lounge for SQ was also decent, but when you fly the A 380, it's way too crowded. There are just about enough seats when I was there, and the plane wasn't even full. The food is merely passable.

There are two showers, but its a rather frigid and cold experience, and service is tolerable.

The Shenzhen airport lounge is quiet, and there isn't a big crowd.
Check in is reasonably fast, and the lounge is pretty big too.
No toilets inside, but there is no password for the wi fi.

But the selection of food is modest. Given the dearth of users, it's actually a good place to hang out and wait for your flight.

The Cheng Du one is also a small one, again quiet, and not too crowded. Food selection is modest and there are no shower facilities.
Wi Fi coverage is ok, and faster than the slooow one at Shenzhen...

How true.

...Quick drink a quiet place to collect your thoughts or download e-mail before sitting in a tin can for several hours breathing in other peoples coughs, sneezes and flatulence...

SeldomHere

Just tried the BKK Thai airways lounge... pretty nice, clean and has showers.

Thai Airways economy class has pretty decent food. Better than SQ actually, just that their planes are a little old...