After purchase maintenance . . . :)

what is your equipment? might want to share with us? so we can recommend you a suitable tripod? n.n!

for dry cabinet reddotphoto sell 118. outside i dont know. anyone care to share the price of a 30l digi cabi?

my setup is just 550D with Kit 1 18-55/ 3.5 - 5.6

oic.. i think the free tripod will be just fine for u haha..

I will do a test on my free tripod this weekend @ SG 1st.Hope it is not too lousy, but i feel the height is abit low, I need to bend over abit. My heaviest set up is just cam with kit 1 lens

Max height is one of the compromise when you get a tripod for travelling.

If you want it to be compact for traveling, it will be short at max height
if you want higher max height, you won't be able to pack away easily while travelling (even if you can, you will be compromising on Weight or Stability)

Just get the best compromise that suits yourself.

I was thinking a 30L digi-cabi too since I am a starter only with Kit 1, is this a analog one? Or this is already a digital version, I just need to set the humiditiy and everything and it is on auto? I read through the forum but is still abit confused.

anyway i think reddotphoto sells it at a cheaper rate.

Be it analog or digital, both will serve it's purpose VERY well. AFAIK, just set the knob or value to the humidity you want and everything else is auto. You may have to leave it overnight to see the effect. Each time you open up the drycabinet, the humidity will shoot alittle, it's normal.

And I've read in the past that parisilk may be selling at a tad cheaper....no harm giving them a call.

Last edited:
Max height is one of the compromise when you get a tripod for travelling.

If you want it to be compact for traveling, it will be short at max height
if you want higher max height, you won't be able to pack away easily while travelling (even if you can, you will be compromising on Weight or Stability)

Just get the best compromise that suits yourself.

Be it analog or digital, both will serve it's purpose VERY well. AFAIK, just set the knob or value to the humidity you want and everything else is auto. You may have to leave it overnight to see the effect. Each time you open up the drycabinet, the humidity will shoot alittle, it's normal.

And I've read in the past that parisilk may be selling at a tad cheaper....no harm giving them a call.

so all i need to do is set the % and just leave it? so any brand also can ah\

thanks skystrike, which dry cabi u using? where did u get it from?

Yes the free tripod looks real portable and light which is good for travelling.Just hope that it is reasonable sturdy!

Should have lah, unless they removed this brand. u can call to check before going down :)

oic! how much u paid for it?

I think its about $168 for 50L.. use posb everyday card to pay, get 5% rebate!! better deal at other mass seller since it's controlled pricing. :D

oh yeah plus free delivery.

any idea if they are selling the 30l one??

so all i need to do is set the % and just leave it? so any brand also can ah\

With the analog dry cabinet, you turn a dial to control the amount of dehumidifying.

There is a battery-operated digital hygrometer (measuring humidity in %) fixed on the door, but this is a form of visual feedback to you only. The dial is the one that controls the humidity. So you will need to set it to a mid-point (approx) and let the humidity stabilize over maybe 24 hours. Then you check again. If too low (I think about 45-50% is pretty all right) or too high, just adjust a bit and then leave it again to stabilize and so on and so forth. Once you get the optimum RH, it's very unlikely that you'll need to do any more adjustments for a long while.

Or if you feel even more lazy, you can get a digital dry cabinet, in which you preset the RH you want (in %) and the electronics are supposed to take care of the rest, much like you set the temperature digitally on your aircon remote control.

Actually, I think it's more worth it to get the 60 litre version. It's only $20 extra for 10 extra liters. I double it as a nightstand besides my bed cos the height is just too perfect for the purpose.

Actually, I think it's more worth it to get the 60 litre version. It's only $20 extra for 10 extra liters. I double it as a nightstand besides my bed cos the height is just too perfect for the purpose.

It isn't exactly the nicest-looking thing on Earth ;)
Some people wanna hide it away, and if they only have a DSLR and a couple of 'standard length' lenses, those will easily fit inside a 30 or 36L dry cabinet.

ZerocoolAstra said:
It isn't exactly the nicest-looking thing on Earth ;)
Some people wanna hide it away, and if they only have a DSLR and a couple of 'standard length' lenses, those will easily fit inside a 30 or 36L dry cabinet.

Haha, it's the nicest piece of furniture in my room. To each his own. Just wanna share that the $20 extra spent is definitely worth it. Though I'm really running out of space :p

With the analog dry cabinet, you turn a dial to control the amount of dehumidifying.

There is a battery-operated digital hygrometer (measuring humidity in %) fixed on the door, but this is a form of visual feedback to you only. The dial is the one that controls the humidity. So you will need to set it to a mid-point (approx) and let the humidity stabilize over maybe 24 hours. Then you check again. If too low (I think about 45-50% is pretty all right) or too high, just adjust a bit and then leave it again to stabilize and so on and so forth. Once you get the optimum RH, it's very unlikely that you'll need to do any more adjustments for a long while.

Or if you feel even more lazy, you can get a digital dry cabinet, in which you preset the RH you want (in %) and the electronics are supposed to take care of the rest, much like you set the temperature digitally on your aircon remote control.

Yes, might go for the digital one, was thinking digi cab 30 L DB-036, but think that one is a analog one..can recommend me the models that are digital?

Yes, might go for the digital one, was thinking digi cab 30 L DB-036, but think that one is a analog one..can recommend me the models that are digital?

From what I infer, you seems to think that Digital ones work better than analog ones...But imo, so far for my digi cabi analog dry cabinet, I've set it once and never touched it again...Just that the humidity will "hover" between some values. e.g. 40% to 45%, but since I don't need it to be so precise at a certain value (e.g. die die must be 42%), It ok with me.

Analog ones can also save you a couple of bucks..

From what I infer, you seems to think that Digital ones work better than analog ones...But imo, so far for my digi cabi analog dry cabinet, I've set it once and never touched it again...Just that the humidity will "hover" between some values. e.g. 40% to 45%, but since I don't need it to be so precise at a certain value (e.g. die die must be 42%), It ok with me.

Analog ones can also save you a couple of bucks..

ya i agree, i gotten a digi cabi DB 036 .. just tried setting it up.. i hope i am doing right for the trays.hahha i am setting the knob at the centre, to see if the humidity will drop to 40 - 45%.. not too sure if i am doing right....

J-YJX said:
ya i agree, i gotten a digi cabi DB 036 .. just tried setting it up.. i hope i am doing right for the trays.hahha i am setting the knob at the centre, to see if the humidity will drop to 40 - 45%.. not too sure if i am doing right....

Should be all right ba :)
If you have nothing inside, humidity should stabilize pretty quick. If you've got more stuff in there, it might take longer to stabilize.