Advice to complete my kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
longkangman said:
he should go for 200-400mmf4 or 300mmf2.8 liao. :bigeyes: :lovegrin:
Nah.. he need to custom make 1200-1700 f/2.8 VR :thumbsup:

red_ryder said:
I have a 70-210mm lens, and now looking for a good quality zoom for the wide angle range. Any recommendations for a light-weight, sharp and wide-angle zoom? Don't need to reach 70mm range, and any brand is ok as long as Nikon Fmount.

thanks in advance!

Your stated conditions are (1) <70mm (2) wide-angle (3) any brand (4) sharp (5) light-weight and (6) digital body. Mm....

Then I would like to ask these questions
(i) What is your application like? Sport? Wedding? Portrait? etc.
(ii) Mostly indoor or outdoor? Flash or non-flash?

Based on your stated condition, you may want to consider "AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED". Cheap, green (as in good), near "road side" (as in readily available) and inverse BIG (as in small) ;)

longkangman said:
Hope he know how long and how heavy the big gun is. kekeke:lovegrin: :devil:
Siao liao! You 2 are spreading EBOLA virus to me. :eek: I just a newbie! No need such big guns like you pros lah!:embrass:

Friday13 said:
Siao liao! You 2 are spreading EBOLA virus to me. :eek: I just a newbie! No need such big guns like you pros lah!:embrass:

I think they will give u more than Ebola... hahahah

Wait till they show you the pictures taken with the bazookas... :sweat:

Friday13 said:
We don't sling D200 + MB-D200 + 70-200VR white on our necks and walk into MRT one leh ;p so we is newbie, while you is PRO :thumbsup:

espn said:
We don't sling D200 + MB-D200 + 70-200VR white on our necks and walk into MRT one leh ;p so we is newbie, while you is PRO :thumbsup:
Okie :) So this sat where are you Pro newbies shooting? Can bring this Newbie Plo along? :embrass:

channel23 said:
Your stated conditions are (1) <70mm (2) wide-angle (3) any brand (4) sharp (5) light-weight and (6) digital body. Mm....

Then I would like to ask these questions
(i) What is your application like? Sport? Wedding? Portrait? etc.
(ii) Mostly indoor or outdoor? Flash or non-flash?

Based on your stated condition, you may want to consider "AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED". Cheap, green (as in good), near "road side" (as in readily available) and inverse BIG (as in small) ;)

Mainly for travel use. For portraits I will get a 50mm f1.4 to use locally.

For travel I recommend you the Nikon 12-24 f4. Its useful for landscape and general building shot or confined indoor. At its 24mm, it is one of the sharpest lens that nikon has made.

Status
Not open for further replies.