Advance Cash For Food Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
xiaobai17 said:
but i had to agree with u guys thier sales did affected a lot because from one particular store (the one with popular chicken rice) the worker says their sales did went down a lot because a lot of customer just walk out angry with a empty stomach :p

at bp plaza? yeah. now they are selling their chicken rice for $3.50 if thats the similar store we are talking about.

got discount become pay more ar!

xiaobai17 said:
actually there's no need to register, forms filling or whatsoever. if u are just going to makan there just once in your lifetime, u could simply just pay the minimum amount $5 ($4 for food, $1 deposit) for the card.

after u mankaned just proceed to the counter where u got your card to ask for refund. its easy and its what they reccomend for one-time customer.

its actually promotion/discount card. first u have the red card, spent 20 buck on it. then upgrade to blue card which entitles u 10 % on all food and beverages.

but i had to agree with u guys thier sales did affected a lot because from one particular store (the one with popular chicken rice) the worker says their sales did went down a lot because a lot of customer just walk out angry with a empty stomach :p

$1 deposit???so I have to pay them money to spend more money with them??......I am walking away now.....

I am bycotting this Kopitiam for their cashless system. Paying is inconvenient and I find this system as "hijack"

kitkat said:
I am bycotting this Kopitiam for their cashless system. Paying is inconvenient and I find this system as "hijack"

... you are right! They are just forcing people!

elfvin said:
u can take back the deposit iirc..
You got to que three times just to eat hawker food! Don't you think it is too much! Many don't even bother to get the refund! And the deposit goes into their pockets!

kietgnoel said:
Ah.... but they accept cashcards.

I think the point is not so much whether you can pay by cash or not. Rather, if we have to use a prepaid card then it must satisfy the following:
  1. The card used must be widely accepted by many estabishments or companies. The more the better. If not, we have to carry too many cards. More importantly, more of our money would be sitting in these cards not doing anything. We lose opportunities. We pay for opportunities lost. The more cards there are the more money we would have to keep in these cards. More cards also mean more inconvenience as we would have to do things like topping up the cards more often.
  2. The issuer of the card must be strong in the sense that it won't (or at the very least highly unlikely) go bust and we lost whatever money we have in the card.

or can be encashed immediately..
some places overseas... eg PRC has this kinda of system..
pay first at cashier...
when leaving can encash remaining amount...

i think its becos dont want food dispensing staff to handle cash...
to reduce ahem.. seepage?

Must line up to buy card and refund card in PRC?

richardg said:
or can be encashed immediately..
some places overseas... eg PRC has this kinda of system..
pay first at cashier...
when leaving can encash remaining amount...

i think its becos dont want food dispensing staff to handle cash...
to reduce ahem.. seepage?

Was reading through the posts and even so I'm confused already.

When adopting technology, there's only 2 concerns. Is it going to earn more money, and is it going to save more time. A "no" from any of the users will just render the technology useless, in time to come.

1. Is it going to earn more money? Yes for the Food Court, since it now has a ready cash float to invest in other things.

2. Is it going to save more time? No for the consumer, who has to queue up for 3 times to get a meal instead of one.

3. A "no" from any of the users will just render the technology useless, in time to come? Not necessarily - if everyone is forced to do it, the Singaporean consumer, being who they are, will lanlan just do it.

Parka said:
Was reading through the posts and even so I'm confused already.

When adopting technology, there's only 2 concerns. Is it going to earn more money, and is it going to save more time. A "no" from any of the users will just render the technology useless, in time to come.

i only see this as another c*ckup management system run by some idiots. i wont even want to eat there if possible.

u can take back the deposit iirc..

If they are far sighted business man, they should be sending people to the MRT stations to give away free cards so that we will spend money with them. Singapore's rules are so pro-sellers this is getting out of hand. Same thing with the MRT, we have to buy a card for 5 bucks just to spend more money with them? but of course the MRT is a monopoly (pls don't even try to explain why it is not a monopoly), so we got no choice.

If any of you follow football, many years ago when Spurs came to Singapore, there was a big problem with Singapore's television showing the game live because the TV could not agree on the fee to collect to show the game, I remember a Spurs official mentioned "in England, the broadcastors have to come to us with money to feature us on their show, this is the first time we have to pay the broadcastor to show our game!!"

Singapore's big timer business models are all sure eat one

Exactly, in Singapore, the Government think that by being pro-business, they will attract more investments. The thing is, they have no qualms about squeezing the general populace, and one wonders, do we really need all that "economic growth", when it is actually economic drain.

Shanghai also uses this system, even for some smaller restaurants in Hangzhou. It's really confusing and the queues are super long. I don't see why we have to implement such useless technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.