Adv of monopod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaknafein said:
ahh, ack, sorry. i meant ballhead :(
mybad.

ballheads give flexibility and ease of operation, they are not must-haves but are better compared to pan-tilt heads when on a monopod

yeah, i feel ballheads are better suited for monopods too since 1 of reason for using monopod rather than tripod is flexibility. pan-tilt heads is too much hassle since the monopod issnt even stable in the first place.
gotta visit shop and have a look soon!

Zaknafein said:
yeah, i feel ballheads are better suited for monopods too since 1 of reason for using monopod rather than tripod is flexibility. pan-tilt heads is too much hassle since the monopod issnt even stable in the first place.
gotta visit shop and have a look soon!

you've got less to worry now since your setup is so light. if you consider to upgrade to DSLR and with one of those big fat lens you'll also need to consider whether the monopod+head can support the weight of your setup

at 750g why don't you just use your tripod like a monopod? just don't open up the legs lor

eikin said:
at 750g why don't you just use your tripod like a monopod? just don't open up the legs lor
Eh but I got both.

I feel that tripod carry around very mafan leh.. and is extremely mafan that kind :think:

Like sporting events you walk around carry one huge tripod already use up so much time..

Actually at 750g.. Do you even need a monopod..

Just look around and get some support can already right? :think:
It adds more weight for you to carry about..

Zaknafein said:
i doubt i will be upgrading to DSLR...
budget being the main problem

what kind of tripod are you using now? those cheap and light ones? if it's so that'll be quite enough a support already, don't waste time and money looking for a monopod

eikin said:
what kind of tripod are you using now? those cheap and light ones? if it's so that'll be quite enough a support already, don't waste time and money looking for a monopod
Yah cause a decent quality monopod is already heavier than your camera :bsmilie:
So why buy something to double the weight you have to carry? :dunno:

DemonicAngelz said:
If like this then maybe you can get a cheap quality monopod since you dun need to use it to support like 10kg of stuff.
yeah, thats my intention after i take a look at the shops

eikin said:
well, its kinda troublesome to bring it out :sweat: blame it on my laziness! furthermore, its more convenient to lug around a monopod than tripod when moving around taking pictures.

Zaknafein said:
yeah, thats my intention after i take a look at the shops

well, its kinda troublesome to bring it out :sweat: blame it on my laziness! furthermore, its more convenient to lug around a monopod than tripod when moving around taking pictures.

troublesome? what tripod are you using for your digicam now?

DemonicAngelz said:
Eh but I got both.

I feel that tripod carry around very mafan leh.. and is extremely mafan that kind :think:

Like sporting events you walk around carry one huge tripod already use up so much time..

Actually at 750g.. Do you even need a monopod..

Just look around and get some support can already right? :think:
It adds more weight for you to carry about..

if got frens then can use shoulder lah, but usually i shoot alone cos no frens into photography :(
if i have to look around to find a support, that might not be the composition i want, for example, the height, angle....

eikin said:
yes its those cheap ones, but not very light, quite bulky too :(
and it doesnt feel stable with 1 leg cos its quite thin
i wouldn't say its a good tripod hahaha

Zaknafein said:
yes its those cheap ones, but not light :(
and it doesnt feel stable with 1 leg cos its quite thin
i wouldn't say its a good tripod hahaha

what's the weight of your current tripod?

DemonicAngelz said:
Yah cause a decent quality monopod is already heavier than your camera :bsmilie:
So why buy something to double the weight you have to carry? :dunno:
i will be looking at monopods with weight of 0.5kg or less but have to depends on pricing too.
it takes less time to setup a monopod too right?

eikin said:
troublesome? what tripod are you using for your digicam now?
its just a cheap Steinzeiser tripod.

eikin said:
what's the weight of your current tripod?
sorry i duno the weight of my tripod hahaha
but it feels heavier than my camera with 4AA batts, so i estimate it to be around 1kg

Status
Not open for further replies.