[adrewine] ~ Around the World with Oly

19. ~ The Goddess ~

Victoria's Secret, Manhattan, New York City, USA

( No Standing Here at Any Time, You might get a Heart Attack!)

Oly E620 & ED 40-150mm Kit Lens

Hi Adrewine, loved the way you handle the Oly. awesome series and keep them coming.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks cpark188. Here's a larger version for you from my APAD thread. Cheers!

22. ~ The Young and Red Hair Chic ~

Moscow, Russia

Oly E620 & ED 40-150mm Kit Lens

Like your 1st pics with its contrast of colors! :thumbsup:

Thanks Tenelia for the kind words...........As I travel quite a fair bit and not in SIN most of time I feel I can best post my travel photos here whenever I'm around and not restricted by the "APAD" thread.

I hope the rest of the CSers are fine with this. Cheers! :D

I think likewise; your photos are also a brilliant example of what people can do with the oly basic kit lenses! :bsmilie:

Oh, I seldom see your 40-150 in action nowadays. Not that I'm complaining, but why the change?

Like your 1st pics with its contrast of colors! :thumbsup:

Thank you sgbuzz.

Nice series. Like the style.

Thanks Outlook, I'm glad you like my style............it's the signature of my
photography. Cheers~!

Beautiful landscape / cityscape!

You've capture the icon of the country beautifuly...well frame and good composition!

Well done Andrew!

Thank you soulFLY for your kind words, your photography skills have certainly improved by leap and bound since we last spoken.
I'm glad you have found the artistry style in your photography....... and I liked them.
Keep shooting, follow your heart and see with your eyes but not hear.

I think likewise; your photos are also a brilliant example of what people can do with the oly basic kit lenses! :bsmilie:

Oh, I seldom see your 40-150 in action nowadays. Not that I'm complaining, but why the change?

Thanks Tenelia.......hehe it is by choice that I choose to use the entry level cam and kit lenses (I was offered higher ranges)...........
It "forces' one to be discipline and understand the fundamental techniques of Photography instead of just relying on the fast lenses to produce........I once praised a guy for his good pictures but he humbly said that it was not his skill at all that produce beautiful photos but relying on his high end camera and the 'L' lenses.......

In short it was not his skills but his tools that does the job........

That remarks had set me thinking for a while.........

Please do not be fooled by my pictures taken with kit lenses.......it is really really not easy to shoot with them....there are often times that I wish I had the Oly flagship camera and those SHG (Super High Grade) lenses with me....it makes my task so much easier.........
I would only be kidding myself and others to think that picture IQ from a kit lenses would be better than SHG lenses but they are at least small, light and can produce better photos in good hands as compare with other kits.
So guys the next time when you are going fast on the road, are you going fast because you are a good driver or it is your powerful Ferrari car is speeding fast?
but of course when you are a good driver with a fast and powerful car you'll cross the finishing most of the time......just like F1 Formula Grand Prix's Micheal Schumacher......hehe.

Ever since I got hold of the ED 9-18mm SG Lens, I've been shooting exclusively with the UWA and 40-150mm kit lens.... leaving the gap 19-39mm to my feet......hehe

In fact I've not been shooting actively for the past 6 months already and I'm beginning to loose touch with my 14-42mm kit lens..........

I hope to have the opportunity to use Oly next flagship camera and their higher grade lenses in the near future and see what surprises it may brings.

Cheers!

24. ~ The Red Square at Dusk ~

Kremlin, Moscow, Russia

Oly E620 & ED 14-42mm kit Lens
(Not the usual perspective)

29. ~ Bavarian Countryside ~

München, Bavaria, Germany

Oly E620 & ED 9-18mm SG Lens
( Taken on a fast moving train to Neuschwanstein Castle)

Thank you soulFLY for your kind words, your photography skills have certainly improved by leap and bound since we last spoken.
I'm glad you have found the artistry style in your photography....... and I liked them.
Keep shooting, follow your heart and see with your eyes but not hear.

:thumbsup:

I still keep our PM conversation in my inbox too. :bsmilie:

Come to think of it, i have got to know 3 "Andrew" who can shoot well here. You are one of them. ;)