[adrewine] APAD 2010

Nice. You must have been quite close to shoot this. Did you ask for permission to shoot his portrait?

19 May 10​

~ Man Waiting ~
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Moscow, Russia​

Oly E620 & ED 9-18mm SG Lens​

Nice. You must have been quite close to shoot this. Did you ask for permission to shoot his portrait?

Thanks bernong1 for dropping by, Yes I took this shot at very close range with the WA lens (almost point blank shot) without him realizing it .
Did I ask for permission....No, usually I shoot first then ask later.........If they are OK with it then I smile at them if not prepare to make a run for it......Hehe.....Just kidding lah......with Oly gears you can always out run them 'cos they are small and light weight. ;)

Doing street photography one needs to be alert and have a sense of situation awareness otherwise there may be complication where and when you have to talk your way out. ;p ( I have been in that situations many times already ) :embrass:

Here's another shot from the same area for you my friend, Enjoy!
Cheers!

20 May 10

~ Couple @ MFA Building ~
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Moscow, Russia

Oly E620 & ED 9-18mm SG Lens

21 May 10

~ What are they up to? ~

Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, Moscow, Russia

Oly E510 & ED 14-42mm Kit Lens

Last edited:

24 May 10

~ Offering to the Gods ~
Mt.Bromo, Indonesia

4698100671_43ba0f5ed8.jpg

Oly E620 & ED 9-18mm SG Lens

Been missing your photos for a while, nice portraitures. :)

How do you get away with point-blank shots seriously? I can never muster up enough courage to bring the camera up to my eye, unless the subject is willing. (But then again, it might be because I hate having my picture taken as well, so I tend to scowl at photographers if I notice them taking pictures in my direction. :sweat:)

Been missing your photos for a while, nice portraitures. :)

How do you get away with point-blank shots seriously? I can never muster up enough courage to bring the camera up to my eye, unless the subject is willing. (But then again, it might be because I hate having my picture taken as well, so I tend to scowl at photographers if I notice them taking pictures in my direction. :sweat:)

Thanks arctos,
Shooting "Street Portraiture" is not easy at all..........the subject is aware of my presence.............. as compared to shooting "Paparazzi Style"........... :)

The next time someone is taking your photo just relax and be natural and I can assured you the photo will turn out nice and perfect. ;)

Here's another example of a Street Portraiture of a Russian's Beauty for you, my friend, Cheers!

26 May 10

~ Russian's Young and Restless I ~
Moscow, Russia

Oly E620 & ED 14-42mm Kit Lens

27 May 10

~ Mt. Bromo ~
Surabaya, Indonesia

Oly E620 & ED 14-42mm Kit Lens

This is nice.:thumbsup: Do you have a larger version ?

21 & 27 May are really excellent. :thumbsup: