Acratech vs. Markins, which one is best buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a used Foba ballhead for sale:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=106949

Consider this too, I used it myself and was very happy with the ease of locking it rock solidly (it works with alever lock which is very fast in use). Although I wasn't happy with the weight.

My particular Acratech slips whenever I put a Speed graphic on it and this setup is NOT heavy! I don't know, it could well be just my particular one, the weight is very nice low though, and it allows you to move the camera in more angles poosible with the other heads. I am using a Cambo CBH-3 now, with only one lock for panning AND ballhead which you may not like......

Hong Sien

I have yet to find a ballhead I like.

I had used/still use the following

1 Arca Swiss B1
2 Markins
3 Acratech
4 Foba

When everything works, nothing beat the A-S B1. Nothing! But it jams at the most inconvenient moment!

Markins is the neatest and can support fairly heavy with when level. Tilt it! And it will start to creep.

I had heard how wonderful the Acratech is! Maybe my luck is as bad as Hong Sien. Maybe we just got lemons! But it creeps even more than the Markins.

The Foba is OK, but damn ugly and I hate the levers sticking out!

So I may try the RRS ballhead, if Micheal Reichmann is correct. But then it was his recommendation that led me to try the acratech!

Hi all,

im looking for a good and afforable tripod head also.

So whats the most highly recommended ball head ??

Is kangrinpoche good ? how is it compare to markin ?

I've asked the staff at CP with regards to the comparison of Markins and Kangrinpoche and majority of them told me that the China ballhead fare better than the Markins. I've not physically tried it but the NB-2A seems to appeal to me more than the Markins. I've also found something from the web with regards to the comparison of all the ballhead here.

http://www.3721photo.com/photo/UploadFiles/20051220143720734.jpg

I've asked the staff at CP with regards to the comparison of Markins and Kangrinpoche and majority of them told me that the China ballhead fare better than the Markins. I've not physically tried it but the NB-2A seems to appeal to me more than the Markins. I've also found something from the web with regards to the comparison of all the ballhead here.

i once asked about that too with comparison to arca swiss, and they also told me Kangripoche is better. But i think its sale talk as they are distributors for Kangripoche and of coz, they will try to sell their products.

i once asked about that too with comparison to arca swiss, and they also told me Kangripoche is better. But i think its sale talk as they are distributors for Kangripoche and of coz, they will try to sell their products.

Wah this is a very old thread :bsmilie: .. anyway I end up bought Markins. So far so good, no issue whatsoever, just wish that it is a bit lighter .. :bsmilie: RRS came out with the travel series .. looks really good and best is it is light ..

creep ? er...nope..

70-200 w/o tripod grip ? never tried...alway used it with the grip.

i see, coz i got lazy and only 1 quickrelease plate, so i always use my camera as the base.
needless to say, my KS-1 will creep a bit...

Wah this is a very old thread :bsmilie: .. anyway I end up bought Markins. So far so good, no issue whatsoever, just wish that it is a bit lighter .. :bsmilie: RRS came out with the travel series .. looks really good and best is it is light ..

ya, the weight is also very important to me, hence looking for something cheap and nice :D

if they dun sell lee filters, they might tell you that cokin filters are better than lee filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.