Abu Dhabi

pokiemon

Mar 5, 2005
Day trip to Abu Dhabi - Grand Mosque and Corniche

#1 sheikh zayed bin sultan al nahyan mosque aka grand mosque
2_DSC2981.jpg

#2 kids making a sprint for the shade on the hot floors of grand mosque which can cook an egg
3_DSC2978.jpg

#3 one of the walls of grand mosque embedded with semi-precious stones
3_DSC2914.jpg

#4 abu dhabi architecture
3_DSC3175.jpg

#5 volleyball at corniche
3_DSC3290.jpg

I like your sense of prespective

thanks guys. some more pics...

#6 grand mosque - this chandelier which holds the world record of being the largest, is from germany and is made of copper and gold plated
3_DSC2890.jpg

#7 - corridors of grand mosque - each pillar is made of white marble and set in semi-precious stones. i like the symmetry of things.
3_DSC2938.jpg

#8 - almost 180 degrees view of grand mosque. stitched out of 10 photos and made possible thanks to jed and nightmare for their recommendations on the software.
3_DSC2990_Panorama.jpg

#9 - front view of emirates palace from the entrance - constructed at a cost of usd$3bio and opened in 2006, it was once the world's most expensive hotel. one floor/wing is reserved for royalties and presidents only.
3_DSC3137.jpg

#10 - 3 kids wrapped in towels after a swim at the beach by the corniche
4_DSC3365.jpg

Last edited:
nice. #7 and #8 are good. What lenses did you use for them?

Any bad experiences when shooting in Abu Shabi?

nice. #7 and #8 are good. What lenses did you use for them?

Any bad experiences when shooting in Abu Shabi?

all shot with 24-70. #7 is stitched from 10 photos.

no bad experience so far. generally abu dhabi and dubai people are quite open and friendly. i have even been invited to sit with them at their clubhouse. rule of thumb for taking photos is 1) always ask before you shoot 2) avoid shooting ladies (the more covered up the less you try).

#8 is very nice, but as i mentioned before, if only there was more space at the top.

haha the kids look so cute wrapped in their towelies :)

#8 - almost 180 degrees view of grand mosque. stitched out of 10 photos and made possible thanks to jed and nightmare for their recommendations on the software.
3_DSC2990_Panorama.jpg

Do you mind sharing the software that is used for stitching?

Nice shot
this is my country :)

would love to go there one day ...
:D
nice pic ...

Do you mind sharing the software that is used for stitching?

i am using PTGUI and having loads of fun with it. pretty advanced software compared to what i was using previously.

Nice shot
this is my country :)

thanks ahmed. where are you from? i am currently based in dubai. let me know if you are around the area.

would love to go there one day ...
:D
nice pic ...

thanks n30nz. if you have the chance do a middle east tour. there are many places to go to - uae, syria, lebanon, jordan, oman, egypt...

Hey dude, I will be in Dubai for a 1 day transit. Got time to meet up for high tea at Burj Al Arab? I also want to go up Burj Dubai.

Will be there on April 30th.

Last edited:
Great series bro :thumbsup:

Hey dude, I will be in Dubai for a 1 day transit. Got time to meet up for high tea at Burj Al Arab? I also want to go up Burj Dubai.

Will be there on April 30th.

hey bro will PM closer to date. i am supposed to be in abu dhabi for the weekend.

do you have an itinerary planned out? if no i can suggest some places to go in a day.

it's no longer called burj dubai but burj khalifa. it came as a surprise to everyone as they unveiled it. if you are planning to go to the observatory deck, book your ticket in advance for 100AED (S$40) otherwise immediate entrance is 400AED (S$160)

very alluring series.. hope to be there one day..

hey bro will PM closer to date. i am supposed to be in abu dhabi for the weekend.

do you have an itinerary planned out? if no i can suggest some places to go in a day.

it's no longer called burj dubai but burj khalifa. it came as a surprise to everyone as they unveiled it. if you are planning to go to the observatory deck, book your ticket in advance for 100AED (S$40) otherwise immediate entrance is 400AED (S$160)

I have been to Dubai before and furthermore, this is just a transit so no plans. I heard the inside of Burj Al Arab is gold plated and am curious to find out. Do you know if they allow photography inside? Do PM if there are changes to your plan to AD and thanks for the tip to book the ticket to Burj Khalifa. Is it opened to singles on Friday?

Do suggest a place to chill out in the evening though.

Maybe some Khalifa guy bailout Dubai...

Last edited:
I have been to Dubai before and furthermore, this is just a transit so no plans. I heard the inside of Burj Al Arab is gold plated and am curious to find out. Do you know if they allow photography inside? Do PM if there are changes to your plan to AD and thanks for the tip to book the ticket to Burj Khalifa. Is it opened to singles on Friday?

Do suggest a place to chill out in the evening though.

Maybe some Khalifa guy bailout Dubai...

hey bro, i am in AD this weekend so cant meet.

yes burj khalifa - single or not can buy tickets.

armani hotel just opened so if you are looking for a place to stay...

barasti - beach front bar for drinks and sheesha at night

dubai marina - very chill but somewhat like robertson quay and crowded. can take some nice night photos.

dubai mall - can also chill there. got water fountain performance every 20 mins and overly priced shopping! armani cafe is there if you want to mingle with the locals for a cuppa coffee.