Abandoned Housing Estate

Status
Not open for further replies.
i drove past the hillview estate abt 2 weeks ago... still looks open... yeah better go there b4 they really demolish the place

Ah_Seng said:
Confirm SAF using for FIBUA liao....

In use?? but not fence up...for those who drive may give it a try. I took this photo when i past by there few weeks ago...was in a hurry and never went in further.

716e26ec.jpg

dominator said:
In use?? but not fence up...for those who drive may give it a try. I took this photo when i past by there few weeks ago...was in a hurry and never went in further.

716e26ec.jpg

Looks like we have to abandon plans to visit the Lim Chu Kang Road Housing Estate. That sign you captured, is enough to know that we might not be permitted to enter the premises. I really wants to take a look at those leftovers and ruins if there is.

Its just that weird, the housing estate seemed so disconnected from the main Singapore. I mean, of course it looked just like another housing estate, but theres only one bus services that services the area; its not distant from Singapore's largest cemetry and there don't seemed to be any school nearby.

Yet picture that place crowded with residents and commerical activities. Weird.

Unless of course, someone here may have the way to get us the permission of entrance from whoever the authorities is.

lumen said:
i drove past the hillview estate abt 2 weeks ago... still looks open... yeah better go there b4 they really demolish the place

That really helps, perhaps I will be going down tomorrow to check; has tonnes of school assignment to complete today, and its Youth Day tomorrow :) .

Went down to the Lim Chu Kang Road Housing Estate, and took a couple of photographs on the bus. Dare not to alight, was getting dark and the bus is infrequent.

Just realised, SMRT 175 was redrawn last year, and the original route of 175 is now ply by SMRT 975. Instead of a loop service beginning at Lim Chu Kang Road End Terminal and looping at Choa Chu Kang, SMRT 975 hail from Bukit Panjang Bus Terminal, and loops at Lim Chu Kang Road End Terminal.

The bus takes about 30 minutes to reach the abandoned housing estate, and heres some pictures taken. Most of them were too blur, over-exposed or out of focus (the bus-stop opp Neo Tiew Road was vacant on both occasions, to-Lim Chu Kang Road End Terminal and from-Lim Chu Kang Road End Terminal, so the bus was moving away fast.)

lckrhs_1.jpg

lckrhs_2.jpg

btaf_lckrhs_1.jpg

The nice old DAF buses from TIBS era.

I have rough memories of another estate within the Kranji and Lim Chu Kang area. I recall a rather different food centre than what I saw in Lim Chu Kang Road Housing Estate. Any ideas?

wah you are really desperate for old housing estate! :bsmilie:

the food centre which known as tengah market?
it was already demolished in somewhere in year 2000 i think.

if u guys want to photograph old abandoned hdb estates like those in the pic,
go check out seletar west farmway 4.

http://www.rictedkennels.com/location/location.htm

saw those kind of flats on the way to this pet resort place about a month ago.

definitely not used by SAF and a bit more accessible than LCK area.

vroom said:
if u guys want to photograph old abandoned hdb estates like those in the pic,
go check out seletar west farmway 4.

http://www.rictedkennels.com/location/location.htm

saw those kind of flats on the way to this pet resort place about a month ago.

definitely not used by SAF and a bit more accessible than LCK area.

Great, will be checking it out later ;) . Saw Seletar West Farmway 6 on the SERS; a newly abandoned site. Thats really great.

dominator said:
wah you are really desperate for old housing estate! :bsmilie:

the food centre which known as tengah market?
it was already demolished in somewhere in year 2000 i think.

Oh, too bad then. Dreadful! I have some lovely memories, my first vomit that I remembered I supposed; was there in that food centre.

And yeah, quite desperate. I am a history-enthusiast :) .

Went down to Seletar West Farmway 6 yesterday at around 4pm. Was a great journey actually, much more accessible as promised by vroom, though for CSers who lived quite distant from Ang Mo Kio may suffere from prolonged time required for travelling; just as for me, I lived in Woodlands, and took MRT to Ang Mo Kio.

SBS 86 goes into the area of the abandoned housing estate. Alight at the 3rd bus stop when the bus dives into Jalan Kayu; the bus stop signpost will state "Bef Seletar West Farmway 4". Walk straight up, and you will see Ju Eng Home for Senior Citizens (and oh god, thats a really beautiful architecture), of which you will now turn left into Seletar West Farmway 4. You won't be seeing the flats untill probably a minute or 2 of walking away from Ju Eng Home. It will be dark at dusk, but relatively bright during late afternoon when the setting sun is strong (by such I am referring to the orange rays). At this juncture, you will start to see quite a few foreigners, both workers and tourists (that kept wondering as well, why in heaven these tourists would want to visit such places).

The place is wonderfully preserved, and I was joined with some sort of football training in the field right in front of Block 6 Seletar West Farmway 6. What a lovely place, so much different from the destitute state of the Lim Chu Kang Road Housing Estate (though there are strong ordour of urine everywhere). Aware, wild dogs are almost everywhere.

By now, I am attracting quite some attention; group of passer-bys are looking at me and pointing and vehicles are actually slowing down (and heads of drivers and tilting towards me) when I was at Block 1 Seletar West Farmway 6, the housing block along Seletar West Farmway 4. There are quite some moths around as well; wires disconnected, but absolutely a clean place to be.

No elevators, these flats are simply 4 storeys high. The stairway is blocked.

After surveying Block 1 and 2, well, Block 4 to 7 are quite a distant away from Block 1 and 2. And I saw dogs, and was quite hesistant to resume. It took me at least 3 minutes to finally move on to Block 5. Nothing new, just darker (in shade) and wild chickens around, and I am left with 4 more pictures to take before CF card becomes full, so I went on to chase the chickens.

I must say, for an abandoned area, this is a great place to visit alone. Really quiet and pleasant. No tension at all, except for those eyes on you along the roads. Hopefully we can organise a trip to this place; not really sure when will it be torn down.

And here are some pictures:

swf6_01.jpg

swf6_02.jpg

swf6_03.jpg

swf6_04.jpg

Interesting shots you have there. When you going again? Maybe i can tag along. I stay in YCK so very near my place as 86 pass by my place.

Ju Eng Home? I went there a few times during my NS days..unit's adopted charity.

And yeah, them blocks are sure peaceful. :)

ParkertR said:
wow! someone gonna organize an outing in august? i wanna go too!! :) near my place hehe

We just had one last Saturday... :sweat:

Guys,

The LIM CHU KANG one is the SAF's new training area for FIBUA. No a good idea to go as breaching charges and pyrotechnics are used when training are conducted there. It'll be difficult for the SAF to train there if they have to chase out civilians everytime before their training. Unless you guys want to be part of the training by providing the soldiers with some CMR training element. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.