A7 Handstrap

mindeyes

Jul 15, 2011
Anyone have a handstrap to recommend for the A7? The lug is poorly located because the shuttle button is on the top plate (unlike my NEX 6 where the shuttle button is on the grip).

I end up with the lug between the index finger and the middle finger as being the most comfortable.

Is there some kind of ultra thin, flexible and strong enough strap for the A7? Is there a kind of "string type" strap?

Thanks for ny information.

i am using this one from ebay.

strong enough so far

auj3.jpg

Looks nice. Do you happen to have a link to what you bought? Want to get the right one that is proven strong enough since the A7 is quite heavy with the 2470. Tks.

Last edited:
Hi guys, thanks for all the tips. These straps looks nice but does it get in the way when holding the camera because of the position of the lug on the A7 body?

Get an L plate and attach the handstrap to the L plate instead. Or use the tripod mount to mount a sling strap?

Hi guys, thanks for all the tips. These straps looks nice but does it get in the way when holding the camera because of the position of the lug on the A7 body?

once you know how and get hang of it... it wouldn't get in the way... the ring on the Barton straps is manageable..

i am using this one from ebay.

strong enough so far

auj3.jpg

hi. where do you get the shutter release button? did you modify it to be screwed on or it is just a sticker?

hi. where do you get the shutter release button? did you modify it to be screwed on or it is just a sticker?

That's the Gariz stick on button..i believe it's slightly larger than the A7r Button.