A55 or A33 (is the $250 price difference worth it?)

I Suggest buy body onky and invest in a good lens :) both A33/55 are good cam feature rich cam .

btw how much the a33 body only? last show it was selling $999.

As I'm new to Sony any suggestion for a good lens that can pair with a33 (below $500 if there's one exist)? I will mostly shoot video of my kids or during family gathering.

Last edited:

As I'm new to Sony any suggestion for a good lens that can pair with a33 (below $500 if there's one exist)? I will mostly shoot video of my kids or during family gathering.

Street price for body is ard $899. If you want videos, the kit 1855sam is good enough. Add in another 35/1.8 for $350 and you are good to go.

The street price is usually about $100 lesser.
If you're just starting out, the standard 18-55mm kit lens is a good bet, silent enough for videos and sharp enough for Photos. Maybe add either a 50f18 or the new 35f18 for low light.

From there, decide if you want more range or space then get another Zoom or wide angle lens later.

Street price for body is ard $899. If you want videos, the kit 1855sam is good enough. Add in another 35/1.8 for $350 and you are good to go.

Lol ! ...We posted together almost the same things ! ...means we think alike ! :sweat:

Lol ! ...We posted together almost the same things ! ...means we think alike ! :sweat:

Hehe. Thats why we are in this same camp. ;)

Guys thanks for the info. much appreciated

Hehe. Thats why we are in this same camp. ;)

kekekeke ! ...but you know whats scary ? ...both of us also owns the same A500 and A55 cameras ! :bsmilie:

Guys thanks for the info. much appreciated

welcome bro to me I suggest you invest in a good lens... A33/A55 is almost the same interms of feature having a very good lens will produce better IQ :)

When I've gotten my A33 I've opt not to get the kit lens but decided 18-250 with a promo price... And if you purchase Sony you're entitled for a lens discount the saving you'll be getting (250) if you getting the A33 you might want to add it to buy a better lens then kit or even 18-250 :)

kekekeke ! ...but you know whats scary ? ...both of us also owns the same A500 and A55 cameras ! :bsmilie:

Yes. I noticed that. And i am intending to replace a500 with a580 if a77 does not get announced by end of the year.

Yes. I noticed that. And i am intending to replace a500 with a580 if a77 does not get announced by end of the year.

You're really a hard-core gadgets man ! :thumbsup:

Between the A500 and A55, I've enough camera to last me till the A77 or A770 comes out, probably invest in better lense during the mean time.:bsmilie:

...also by then, I would have decided if I wanna go with the SLT technology anot, but meanwhile, SLT is looking the way to go.:heart:

Hi, anyone know the current best price for a A55 body? Harvey quoted me $1249, but I read somewhere it should be cheaper than this price. Would appreciate any bros who can provide some info, tks in advance.:)

Hi, anyone know the current best price for a A55 body? Harvey quoted me $1249, but I read somewhere it should be cheaper than this price. Would appreciate any bros who can provide some info, tks in advance.:)

Ms colour and SLR revo will likely cost $100 lesser than HN's price.

Does slrr have the sony purchase with purchase promo for lenses?
Was thinking of the getting the camera with a few lenses.

Should have lah ! ...if they tell you no have, you tell them in that case, you're going MSC to buy as they sure have ! :bsmilie:

Any chance one can still get the promotional package of a55 + 18250 package. ?

:cool:

Any chance one can still get the promotional package of a55 + 18250 package. ?

:cool:

If you're aiming for 18-250 as the main lens, I think you might want to try getting from Sony Centre (those shop that sell only Sony Stuff but are not Sony Style, ie Juzz1, ITIS) because they still seem willing to sell the 18-250 bundle. Just take note it's at the retail price, would be a bit harder to bargain with them.

Price-wise, not as good as previously the Authorised Dealers (CP, AP, SLR R etc) were selling, but it's still slightly cheaper than if you were to buy A55 (body) plus PWP bundle with the Authorised Dealers. You can still get PWP prices for the other lenses (50f1.8, 30m2.8 etc).

This is my little experience from hunting around last Thursday, but you would have to go down and ask yourself because situation might have changed. The Authorised Dealers might have changed and willing to sell the a55 + 18250 bundle at $16XX again lol. :dunno: