A little help on macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti-Social

Jan 1, 2007
Hi wanna shoot macro shots but dun have the cash to get a macro lens. Someone offered an alternative like a close up filter.

Will it really help me take good macro photos with my crappy kit lens? I know there will be picture degration but its a trade off im willing to take.

What dioper would you recommend? Mines a 14-45 Zuiko Digital Olympus. :sweat: Thks

how can you calculate the amount of focusing distance reduced like using the dioper number? like for example a macro 150mm lens take around 38 cm minimum to focus and lets say a similar lens that is zoom 200 takes around 110 cm to focus, how much distance would the close up filter reduce? Thks ;p

how can you calculate the amount of focusing distance reduced like using the dioper number? like for example a macro 150mm lens take around 38 cm minimum to focus and lets say a similar lens that is zoom 200 takes around 110 cm to focus, how much distance would the close up filter reduce? Thks ;p

You can find the answer at Macros & Close-ups FAQ # 7

Hi wanna shoot macro shots but dun have the cash to get a macro lens. Someone offered an alternative like a close up filter.

Will it really help me take good macro photos with my crappy kit lens? I know there will be picture degration but its a trade off im willing to take.

What dioper would you recommend? Mines a 14-45 Zuiko Digital Olympus. :sweat: Thks

I'm also using closeup filters for closeup photography. I use 2 of them instead and results are fairly gd, but with a tad soft.

Hmm read online that some pll buy filters larger than their lens size and size it down with a adapter to reduce noise and they always put the appectual very small. Will putting a larger close up filter reduce the distortion but also reduce the filter's effect? Thks for teh guild too ;)

I'm also using closeup filters for closeup photography. I use 2 of them instead and results are fairly gd, but with a tad soft.
Oh ya what value are you using?

Oh ya what value are you using?

Two +4 closeup filters. Here's an example taken today with a WhaleTail.

Picture1-3.jpg

Say...how much do diopters for Oly ZD 58mm lenses cost nowadays? I don't recall seeing them on the 4/3 pricelist

CLose up filters degrades your pictures and stacking 2 or more filters is :nono: for me... Best is still to use extension tubes!

The image is definitely soft with 2 close up filters. For your case, perhaps a 50mm extension will do the job better.

Yeah it is a tad soft but i'm fine with the results as i'm not so much into macro. By the way i focused on the body and not the eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.