8 Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

berryhappy

Apr 26, 2003
www.berryhappy.com
Taken over a few shoots. Critiques and comments appreciated. :)

Chiemi
Chiemi2.jpg

Chiemi1.jpg

Sywn
Swyn1.jpg

Swyn2.jpg

Agree. Some has more processing than others due to differing skin conditions. #6 is on purpose for a plasticy doll look. I'm moving towards less processing. Cuts time too. :)

wah... where got 8 models only.. ;p

anyway, i agree on the skin texture part.. :) but good series overall..

berryhappy said:
Agree. Some has more processing than others due to differing skin conditions. #6 is on purpose for a plasticy doll look. I'm moving towards less processing. Cuts time too. :)
But u have processed it very well...I don't even know it...just thought their skin r so great...Thanks for sharing.

~Arcanic~ said:
wah... where got 8 models only.. ;p

anyway, i agree on the skin texture part.. :) but good series overall..

cher no class ah?? or you ask them write compo then you go surf net... ;p

great series.. very versatile range of portrait style...

WOW!! These are a very georgous pictures!!!
Well done! I really like all of them! :D
I love the lights on #16 it's really flatters the skin of the model.

May I ask you a question?
Is the #8 / #12 background is a wall or fabric background?

I've purchased a studio lights and backgrounds supporter a while ago
and did not make a use of it until today :(
your pictures has encouraged me to try some home studio photography.
Thank you for sharing!

Maybe I should insert a standard comment that someone else would likely say if he were here.

"Technically excellent, but boring"

I do think you've got it already, you could prob churn these out quickly enough for the editors and creative directors, you're prob earning good $$$ with your work.

I don't think you really need any C&C, you're prob more expert than most of the posters here, and any constructive comments people might give would prob just be due to differences of opinions or preferences. It's not likely that you've done anything wrong or poor quality.

Perhaps you could show us your personal work, ie apart from fashion photography, what do you do in your spare time? Shoot insects? Travel pix? Etc.

waileong said:
Maybe I should insert a standard comment that someone else would likely say if he were here.

I do think you've got it already, you could prob churn these out quickly enough for the editors and creative directors, you're prob earning good $$$ with your work.

I don't think you really need any C&C, you're prob more expert than most of the posters here, and any constructive comments people might give would prob just be due to differences of opinions or preferences. It's not likely that you've done anything wrong or poor quality.

Perhaps you could show us your personal work, ie apart from fashion photography, what do you do in your spare time? Shoot insects? Travel pix? Etc.

apart from technical - it is boring as what waileong had said from the styling to the makeup/hair and the models which doesnt speak to me at all. Technically you score well but creatively i give you 3 out of 10 simply because you are lost in your direction which still not enough to impress editors and art directors.

Calling something 'boring' isnt exactly constructive. :p

I would rather refer to the photos as clinical - technically he has the numbers down pat but it doesnt offer the viewer anything new. I guess his next challenge is to go for something more adventurous and beyond his comfort level. It doesnt necessarily has to be a different genre of photography i.e. travel, macro, nature - it may be to take portraits from a different angle, a different pose or environment perhaps.

Sometimes I get into the same rut, that is, feeling I'm taking the same photos albeit with a different model. It's in times like these that you just have to turn back on what you know and experiment to come up with something different. It doesnt always come out good but you do find gems once in a while.

Overall it's still a good effort.

My two cents and a half. Cheers.

Dryden said:
Calling something 'boring' isnt exactly constructive. :p

I would rather refer to the photos as clinical - technically he has the numbers down pat but it doesnt offer the viewer anything new. I guess his next challenge is to go for something more adventurous and beyond his comfort level. It doesnt necessarily has to be a different genre of photography i.e. travel, macro, nature - it may be to take portraits from a different angle, a different pose or environment perhaps.

Sometimes I get into the same rut, that is, feeling I'm taking the same photos albeit with a different model. It's in times like these that you just have to turn back on what you know and experiment to come up with something different. It doesnt always come out good but you do find gems once in a while.

Overall it's still a good effort.

My two cents and a half. Cheers.
It's amazing how some men from this forum regard everyone else as a 'he'. Is Sok Eng a particularly masculine name?

Anyway, not the best I've seen from you, girl. I still clearly remember your fantastic wedding gown shoot. That one was awesome and it did a lot of things for me. :) This series, (I am most apologetic to say) is just a collection of pretty faces lit up perfectly to me.

P.S: But that model Stacy can really carry off lots of looks well, huh? Saw her on TV and I thought she was just another ordinary girl until I saw her pictures here.

i think her best date to shoot was the sentosa one, with the dancers. This series doesn't seem exactly inspiring though i presume these were test shoots for agencies and were bound by time constraints perhaps.

Thanks everyone for your views! :)

Yes, these were test shoots for agencies for their com cards. Most of them very new models, being their first few shoots. Some as young as 16. We do not do any pre-planning/concepts/themes, nor preview of models. Model arrives with their own (sometimes quite limited range of) clothes and we try to make something out of it. Usually just the MUA and me, plus occassionally the lighting guy. Time for each model is about 3-4 hours..with about half the time spent on makeup & hair.

We need stylists!! So if any stylist is interested to work with us on test shoots, or know of someone who does, please pm/call/email me. :)

About the skin, some of them has deep eyebags etc...once I remove them, the rest of the face has to balance up. Some has such good complexion that minimal touchups are needed. Will work on it.

aisama, yes, #4, #6, #8, #11, #12 are fabric backgrounds. Do try home studio photography, it's fun and rewarding! I started about 1 year ago on studio photography. :)

waileong, thanks! Someone else need not have to say it anymore 'cos it's already drummed into my head: "Technically excellent, but boring" :bsmilie:

I do not really have much personal works at the moment. One recent one was: Baby M
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=177713
My travel pictures are not up to mark, I don't do macro yet...most of my time is spent on people photography: wedding, kids, family portraitures. and the tons of editing that comes with them. Fashion photography is like my hobby, what I do in my spare time.

Thanks Couture.06! I will work harder in the creative area.

Dryden, thank you! I think I am getting into the same rut now. I am getting about the same results with different models. It is consistent but not adventurous. I will try to work beyond my comfort level. Need to push my boundaries. Cheers.

Poledra, do you mean the shoot with Mia? Yes, Stacy is a lot more attitude and versatile. We did a departure from her other pictures. :)
I think it's just a default to use 'he'...not many people checks the nick...unless i change my nick to berrysweet, berrygirly or berrycute. :ipuke:

Castlesinthesky, the sentosa shoot was with stylists and art direction, a much bigger team effort. hmm...thanks! I'll bear that in mind. :D

waileong said:

Hmm, I wonder who this "someone else" is?

In any case, I think that the comments "Technically excellent, but boring" would not be made by anyone with taste.

Such comments would be made by those who are "intellectually challenged".

To those intellectually competent and imbued with taste, the comments might be "technically excellent, but emotionally unengaging".

Status
Not open for further replies.