7d malfunction! Help!

justinwoon

Aug 23, 2010
After buying a yongnuo RF-602/c flash trigger and trying to use it with my 7D, it started acting weird.
1. Starts taking pictures on its own when i turn it on.
2. None of the buttons seem to work.
3. I tried taking out the batteries and placing them back in, nothing changed.
4. Tried changing lenses, nothing changed.
What should i do?!?!
:confused:

canon service centre? might be the trigger caused a 'short' to your camera....

o_O is that very hard to fix? I need it this saturday! =( And should i use the trigger again after i get it fixed because i dont see anyone else encountering the same problem.

It is the month of the year.

NOOOO. But seriously though, Im in need of a quick fix. does the canon centre provide quick services?

omg ... 7th month

HAHA. gosh. im trying to reinstall the firmware. think thall help?

Bring down asap and tell them its' a rush job. They might try to squeeze it but no promises. Otherwise be prepared to rent.

I suggest only using your trigger again AFTER the sat shoot :)

alright. thanks guys. Im reinstalling the firmware now and hoping that the buttons i need work. If not ill send it in tomorrow. =D

Wait till 7mth end. It should resume normalcy.

Just joking..send to CSC.

It's the 7th Month, what do you expect? Your camera is now called the Shutter....:p

Though most of us are using 3rd party on Canon camera, Canon service centre will definitely not approve this.
Now that your camera was malfunctioning due to 3rd party, I can image a short 'reminder' from them at the counter. Don't think your warrenty will cover this. Hopefully they can be merciful not to charge too high on repair.

Canon do have 4 hrs services isnt it? of cuz pay some money la... but dun mention to them u use 3rd party flash...

After buying a yongnuo RF-602/c flash trigger and trying to use it with my 7D, it started acting weird.
1. Starts taking pictures on its own when i turn it on.
2. None of the buttons seem to work.
3. I tried taking out the batteries and placing them back in, nothing changed.
4. Tried changing lenses, nothing changed.
What should i do?!?!
:confused:

Put the YN RF-602/c in another room. Might be something 'wrong' with it. The flash might have captured/offended something...