70-200mm f2.8L USM II owners

nigelcyj

Jul 28, 2010
Hi, how many owners of this amazing lens? Can share when you bought and price range?

Also, does this lens come with international warranty? If I buy from overseas?

no more international warranty for canon lenses.

Bought at SGD 3350 12 mths ago. No more international warranty for Canon lenses nowadays no matter where you buy it.

Without IS? Wow, is there a price increase recently?

I believe TS is referring to the IS version since TS mentioned USM II.
My reply is based on the 70-200 f2.8 IS II

purpose of this thread?
to check out which place sell the cheapest?

i thought TS may want to refer to the price guide? however i do own this lens and its performance is excellent!

Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM - HKD17,500 approx SGD2,826, converted using x-rate today.
I got mine 2 weeks ago from HKG. :)

Bought from PMIDigital on eBay USA for US$2030, in July 2010. Very happy with the lens' IQ; almost makes the weight forgivable.

Bought from PMIDigital on eBay USA for US$2030, in July 2010. Very happy with the lens' IQ; almost makes the weight forgivable.
It was that cheap in july 2010?? I heard that L lenses are getting more and more pricey.. Surprising for electronic stuffs.

It was that cheap in july 2010?? I heard that L lenses are getting more and more pricey.. Surprising for electronic stuffs.

US prices for that lens was on offer at around US$2k at one point. Has since gone up to around US$2.2-2.3k.

Bought it 2 months ago at S$3300. :D

To make this thread more than a price guide. Assuming you are after FL of 70-300, is it better to use 70-200 f2.8 II + 1.4 TC III or simply 70-300 L ?