70-200 VR II or VR?

Okay first have you rented out both and tested them side by side ?
Why do I ask this ? If I was in your situation, I need to have first hand data to work with, not what some person, of unknown ability and agenda in the internet did a test. Reviews are tricky things, with the right reviewer you will get some info but then hey it's you who is going to have to work that lens so you better be personally doing a hands on check on things. Some reviewers create reviews that many people can use in place of the cartoon page - i.e. to entrain you while you wait for something.

Best to check with professional users - the lens and camera is a tool to produce an image (at least for those who can do so). It is not gear lust that drives them to get this or that or that they have too much money in hand. Read what ever you can about the issue. Then go test it your self and come to you own conclusion rather than take the easy way out and ask many people for their advice. Advice is cheap, advice is free but really good advice (for photography) is rare.

Advice is cheap, advice is free but really good advice (for photography) is rare.

+1
good advice definitely rare for kiasu/kiasi/selfish singkaporan not only for photography line
it apply to all trade

ang mo are more willing to share ,at least in cyberway i feel........

The VR2 is way sharper..... Ive used the last 4 before this one ( going back to the 80-200's ).

This one rules the nest !! Period.

Depending on your sensor siZe. There is a lot of fall off on the vr1 vs the vr2

i love vrII bcos of her VRII
hate it bcos not long enough...look to me 160-170mm only

Hi guys, I going to switch to FX camera. I don't own a 70-200mm f2.8 before and would be buying one this year. However, I am now stuck between the 70-200 VR II or the first version of VR.

There are people who told me that the first version is better than the VR II and advise me to buy the second hand.

If you are in my situation, which will you choose? Please advise.

Thank you.

probably you can base on which camera body you will be using. FX or DX.
VRII if you are going FX.
OvertinMilo have already mentioned why.

Err, guys, thz for being so helpful but I already bought the VRII very long time ago... Thz! :)

kkvolution said:
Err, guys, thz for being so helpful but I already bought the VRII very long time ago... Thz! :)

Close thread?