7 D Torture Test

Note that a battery was not installed during the freezing and water test, that is the key to it's survival during these two tests.

Lithium Battery will expode like a bomb if catches fire and no battery will survive deep freeze

Last edited:
Except that he's only talking about the freeze and water test, nothing to do with fire test. If a battery was installed during those tests, the current in the battery would have caused a short circuit within the camera electrical components, even if the camera isn't switched on.

So going on... if under unfortunate event, the 7D dropped into a river or toilet bowl, the way to rescue it was to remove the battery immediately, then try to dry the camera as much as possible, (hair dryer method, rice method, etc). And I would presume that the camera can still work after that (after seeing from what happen in the video).

Hmm... good stuff.

So going on... if under unfortunate event, the 7D dropped into a river or toilet bowl, the way to rescue it was to remove the battery immediately, then try to dry the camera as much as possible, (hair dryer method, rice method, etc). And I would presume that the camera can still work after that (after seeing from what happen in the video).

Hmm... good stuff.

I see you have a 7D :flush:

I see you have a 7D :flush:

Yep... must prepare mah. If I happen to drop my 7D in a toilet bowl, at least I know how to rescue it.

I dont think so, if you drop your 7D into a river or toilet bowl, you should learn from the video, put into a fridge overnight and burn it. :)

Hmm... good stuff.

ICPIXELS said:
I dont think so, if you drop your 7D into a river or toilet bowl, you should learn from the video, put into a fridge overnight and burn it. :)

Thats right.... do not foget to add lighter fuel to ensure even drying process..... then, u can install the battery and viola...... its immortal.....

No, it is immoral.. lol

Thats right.... do not foget to add lighter fuel to ensure even drying process..... then, u can install the battery and viola...... its immortal.....