50mm RF lenses Shot Wide Open using M9

We mainly have a reference target for the center, but not the edges and corners.

My Canon vs. Gommy's... Difference?

ZoomP
4426880217_7b2622f060_b.jpg

Gommy
4427636418_ab96f4f9cf_b.jpg

Reactions: a5m
superb! but honestly, can't tell the different from the internet pix, both the cron and noct @ f/2 looks similar in quality (a tad better on the cron imho). I guess people pays for the speed and size :)

THIS IS IT...50mm f0.95 Noctilux ASPH @ f2....UNPROCESSED

4428499450_ae108c759f_b.jpg

Doc's bokeh looks more distinct. Scary huh, same lens different effects. Tells you a lot of qs during those days

Why not do a session using only Benny's 30x Canon 50mm f/1.5 lenses and see what the results will be like? A sample size of more than 30 is quite representative. :bsmilie:

Greatly appreciate the sharing of these pictures...perhaps the most complete thus far on the internet? Well done guys :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wonderful samples of the 50mm lenses on M9, will the originals be made available? Sometimes the blowups are more obvious than resized pictures to show the full power of some lenses.

Hope to see Nikkor 1.4 & 2, Hexanon 1.2 as well as modern Zeiss added as well...

perhaps next time we can identify a public place with a common subject for posting of lens samples, we can just bring our gear down individually, do a similar setup and subsequently share the results, will be a great resource base I think.

3 Cheers!!!

Last edited:
Greatly appreciate the sharing of these pictures...perhaps the most complete thus far on the internet? Well done guys :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wonderful samples of the 50mm lenses on M9, will the originals be made available? Sometimes the blowups are more obvious than resized pictures to show the full power of some lenses.

Hope to see Nikkor 1.4 & 2, Hexanon 1.2 as well as modern Zeiss added as well...

3 Cheers!!!

Thanks,

well, we have all the apertures.. so maybe we will print a book on it (just kidding) Dont know about them. I might... So far yes, this has been the most intensive 50mm lens test I have seen ever. :bigeyes:

wow. it is indeed messy now.. wahaha. Anyway, I had fun! Really brings bad alot of memories...

Francis, thank you for the hard work and shown up for my "last minute mobilization"... you turn up with full gear...you are such a highly self-motivated artistic and passionate photographer I have ever met...also like to collect M lenses like our famous lens guru here...really the BEST person we need for our next 35mm lens party...hehe...Bro, I salute u...:cheergal::vhappy:

perhaps next time we can identify a public place with a common subject for posting of lens samples, we can just bring our gear down individually, do a similar setup and subsequently share the results, will be a great resource base I think.

3 Cheers!!!

On request from Cactus Jack, this thread is contributed to share with all CS users.

However, with regards to the original RAW file or JPEG file from the M9...I guess I will have to discuss with our Chairman and all board of directors...hmmm....will call for board meeting....hehe:bsmilie:

The 50mm Summicron actually remove the condensation from the carafe. Shockinggg :D

Very powerful indeed, it can even melt ice!!:eek:

Hehe...as per the sequence of the lens list, we started the shoot from widest apperture f0.95...by the time we reached f2 summicron...the lce already melted...

:D

yup. in my opinion, the summicrons are the sharpest, the Summar is great for portrait and i wonder of the J8 is back focused ?

raytoei

The Nokton 50 1.1 looks pretty good for the price.

On request from Cactus Jack, this thread is contributed to share with all CS users.

However, with regards to the original RAW file or JPEG file from the M9...I guess I will have to discuss with our Chairman and all board of directors...hmmm....will call for board meeting....hehe:bsmilie:

Hee hee...we need a company sec to draft the resolution (literally). :bsmilie::bigeyes:. All files available, but loading them up and tagging them is a Herculean task indeed.