50mm f1.4 or 85mm f1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah_K, I like your pix. Very nice.

Just to share my experience on 85mm, I love and hate it.
I love it for it sharpness and bokeh. I hate it for it's CA.
Sometimes, a little contrast of the foreground and background, CA turns on straight away.
Very annoying and distracting for me.

megane2 said:
Ah_K, I like your pix. Very nice.

Just to share my experience on 85mm, I love and hate it.
I love it for it sharpness and bokeh. I hate it for it's CA.
Sometimes, a little contrast of the foreground and background, CA turns on straight away.
Very annoying and distracting for me.

What is CA?:dunno:

Thanks megane2.

And Yeah... agree that the CA is evident on the 85mm when shooting wide open. But the problem does start to disappear when you stop down to bout 5 to 6 f-stop.

light - CA or Chromatic aberration is visible in a photo as color (purple) fringing around contrasty edges.

Ah_K said:
Thanks megane2.

And Yeah... agree that the CA is evident on the 85mm when shooting wide open. But the problem does start to disappear when you stop down to bout 5 to 6 f-stop.

light - CA or Chromatic aberration is visible in a photo as color (purple) fringing around contrasty edges.

Thanks for explaining;)

Ah_K said:
Thanks megane2.

I think it disappear at f2.8. But, I bought this lens to use it at f1.8 not f2.8. :think:
Anyway, it's a good lens. Another grip I found about this lens, I discovered some dust inside,
which is unacceptable for a non-extend zoom.

megane2 said:
I think it disappear at f2.8. But, I bought this lens to use it at f1.8 not f2.8. :think:
Anyway, it's a good lens. Another grip I found about this lens, I discovered some dust inside,
which is unacceptable for a non-extend zoom.

focus mechanism still moves inside the lens so theres air movement.
dust gets everywhere unless the lens is vacuum sealed from front to back.

Status
Not open for further replies.