50mm Collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong, yet that looks like a lot of dodging/burning. Why are the reflections of the soles so much brighter than the soles themselves? Then there's two sets of shadows that point in different directions. There's some hard-contoured patterns in out-of-focus regions that look like brush strokes, too. I think less (manipulation) would be more (image) here.

Thanks for your feedback. Yes there was a lot of intentional brushwork.

Why are there two sets of shadows? Because this was shot with bounced flash, off a wall, plus a ceiling light behind me.

Not sure about the hard contoured patterns, because I never use hard brushes/eraser.

Well, at the end of the day, it's what you like versus what I like versus what other people like. Photography is subjective; so is post-processing.

Here's another 50mm shot. I like this one, particularly because the heart shape is missing from the sticker on the bell, and the bike is in a state of corroded disuse. Hope you guys like it.

The slight halo artifacts around the bell and the brake cables are a side-effect of the intentional over-sharpening. I kinda like it around the brake cables but it looks a little crappy around the bell.

Where Is The Love?
Where_Is_The_Love__by_k_leb_k.jpg

i think the apple plugs have their apple logos faced down when they're plugged in.

But nonetheless, very nice shot :)

It depends on the orientation of the USB port, not the cable. If the port is upside down (or not standard, where the plastic protrusion is not in the upper half of the port) then the cable will face the other way.

In the case of my Acer computer at home, one of the ports is upside down :sticktong.

In any case, thank you for the kind comments.

Been awhile since I got down to shooting.

Here's an update. Sadly I don't shoot with 50mm so often, now that I have a 35mm f/2, but occasionally there's a need for a longer fast lens, and I break out the thrifty fifty.

This one's of a Nikon F3, belonging to my classmate. I'm sure lovers of old Nikon cameras will love this one.

Nikon F3
Nikon_F3_by_k_leb_k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.