50D or 40D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on your 50D and your birthday.

Did you get a kit lens with it?

Yeah, i got the 18-55 is lens plus a 50mm and a 75-300...but my mum says no more presents for the next 4 years:eek:

Yeah, i got the 18-55 is lens plus a 50mm and a 75-300...but my mum says no more presents for the next 4 years:eek:

oh no.. that sounds bad.. but no problem.. you can save up for future upgrades of lenses ;)

haha go for L if your parents strike it at the share market or the lottery. if not then save up and sell your 18-55 for a 17-50.

i actually wanted to ask this question before. its true i will end up broke for a while if i get the 50d but is it still worth buying the 40d, say to replace my 450d?

i own a 40D myself and i'm pretty happy with it although i recently got a 5DM2 for other reasons. i've read about the 50D and it's not much a step up from the 40D. So if you're just stepping up from a xxxD series to an xxD series, 40D will be perfect. I had a friend who bought the 20D after his 450D and he was elated with it! so if you're saying stepup from xxxD series you too would be completely satisfied!;)

Give 'em a good headstart, so that by the time they're 16 they can have enuff strenght to lug around that 50D and 70-200 f2.8L IS. :sweatsm:

Indeed. When I was 14 I only had a crappy Kodak film PnS wif fixed focus lens. :bsmilie:

My 2 yr old niece is already shooting with a 4Mp Handphone camera now... Let's say by 5yr old she will be shooting with a point-&-shoot compact, by 8yr old shooting with 500D, by 12yr old shooting with 50D, and by 14 a 5DMkII.... Does that sound right?? Hahaha... :)

Anyway I only save enough for a 40D when I'm 28...

And I believe 40D is a better buy than the 50D...

Cheers...

Dear TS,
glad that u got yr 50D:thumbsup: , do save up yr pocket money to purchas some fine glasses(or lenses). btw,yr 50mm is f/1.8mII, f/14USM or f/1.2L??????:think:

There is another thread started about this 40d vs 50d. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535320

what caught my attention is that apparently they heard that 40D is "discontinued". Is this true as of the moment? just in case, what will be the impact of this to present and future users of 40D (ehem, bow to the audience...)?

yup, if everything goes smoothly my 450 will bid me farewell in august and i will welcome 40D. keep my fingers crossed.

I did my research. most striking difference 50d have over 40d for me is megapixel size, lcd resolution and ISO level (i almost even dont go 1600 on my 450d). from 450d to 40d i lose only on the megapixel size and is still yet to see the impact on me.

BTW, is it worth buying a new body for around 400sgd more than my observed WTSell 2nd hand average price?

I hope i can land a best deal in august (hint hint).

I really hope the discontinued can be clarified.:dunno::eek::what:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535320

There is another thread started about this 40d vs 50d. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535320

what caught my attention is that apparently they heard that 40D is "discontinued". Is this true as of the moment? just in case, what will be the impact of this to present and future users of 40D (ehem, bow to the audience...)?

yup, if everything goes smoothly my 450 will bid me farewell in august and i will welcome 40D. keep my fingers crossed.

I did my research. most striking difference 50d have over 40d for me is megapixel size, lcd resolution and ISO level (i almost even dont go 1600 on my 450d). from 450d to 40d i lose only on the megapixel size and is still yet to see the impact on me.

BTW, is it worth buying a new body for around 400sgd more than my observed WTSell 2nd hand average price?

I hope i can land a best deal in august (hint hint).

I really hope the discontinued can be clarified.:dunno::eek::what:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535320

I did ask my friend to check out the shop in sim lim as he's a regular there... they said discontinued..

I ended up buying a 2nd hand body from a nice guy in tampines at 1k. do look out for nice deals in the BnS section, if you're still interested in the 40D!

Dear TS,
glad that u got yr 50D:thumbsup: , do save up yr pocket money to purchas some fine glasses(or lenses). btw,yr 50mm is f/1.8mII, f/14USM or f/1.2L??????:think:

I got the 1.8, good enough for me, the 1.4 and 1.2, a bit too pricy? compared to the 1.8 lahs

The 1.4 is very good value even though its 5 times the 50mm 1.8. Colors are much better and you get the faster AF. Better feel too.

Status
Not open for further replies.