50 Years Have Passed

News being reported in Kuwait, must be a slow news day over there. :sweat:

I think they made an error in the last sentence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photos of today flood...

AsiaOne.com,
Floods In Singapore On June 5 By Amy Yeong and Hannah Teoh

The Straits Times,
Pictures: Heavy rain floods various parts of Singapore By Chua Hian Hou

carvb.gif

1985 photo?

Maybe PUB is not able to handle this problem, time to call in the SAF and foreign expertise.

Defending Singapore ecoonomy against floods.

Maybe PUB is not able to handle this problem, time to call in the SAF and foreign expertise.

Defending Singapore ecoonomy against floods.

From the photo, obviously the flood is cause by Foreign Talent "Godzilla". We need another foreign talent "Ultra man" to fix the problem :)
RSAF apache will not work :)

i was caught in a flood just now... in my bathtub... but i was prepared for it :D

Chinese-Girl-in-Bathtub-7.jpg

i'm buying a sampan. anyone?

One thing to learn from this floods ... don't shop in basements, don't park in basements, just don't do anything in the basements of any building along Orchard/Scotts/Tanglin/Bt Timah stretch! Phew, luckily I don't live in the basement either!

The newly created Ministry of Flood will move all basements to the roofs of buildings and turn the existing basements into Japanese bath houses for the public enjoyment:

bath1.jpg

time for the once in 50yrs, GSS!!

GSS = Great Singapore Swim!!

orchard_road_flood_caucasian_has_fun_diving_in_flood_water-thumbnail.jpg

wow, those high end cars in St Regis. Does Fan Wong live there? wonder if 1 of the car belongs to her/Chris.
Don't pity them, those millionaires probably have enough money to purchase a number of supercars as replacement without a wince.

Hopefully they do not have flood coverage so auto insurance premiums do no raise any further for us commoners. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
We dont see floods previously cause all those water are sipping into the soil. But with ION, MRT tunnels etc.. builds in town, the water got no way to go but stays on top. The canel under SMU also might become smaller due to the need of pillar to support the building. That canel was once a open type on the land where SMU are build. A lot of factors causes the flood, "they" should know it, just that giving us lame excuses only. I got this feeling, SG might collapse soon due to high population and the land might not able to cope it soon........ :think:

poor vivian is landed with a water problem which he just inherited. the minister who passed it to him should be held accountable for this flooding. similiarly, mcys problems should be vivian's, not mg chan.

We dont see floods previously cause all those water are sipping into the soil. But with ION, MRT tunnels etc.. builds in town, the water got no way to go but stays on top. The canel under SMU also might become smaller due to the need of pillar to support the building. That canel was once a open type on the land where SMU are build. A lot of factors causes the flood, "they" should know it, just that giving us lame excuses only. I got this feeling, SG might collapse soon due to high population and the land might not able to cope it soon........ :think:

Agree with u. Remember few years back the the walkways on both sides of orchard road was widen, leaving very little soil for the rain water to sip through.

First the people, now nature is giving this government a lesson in not listening to the "ground" in the name of progress. Something needs to be done, cannot ignore anymore.

Some of us might distance ourselves from the issue.

Just cannot imagine what we have damage in the name of progress like reclaimation, pollution and urbanisation. Nature just won't let us get away with it.

Last edited:
poor vivian is landed with a water problem which he just inherited. the minister who passed it to him should be held accountable for this flooding. similiarly, mcys problems should be vivian's, not mg chan.

poor meh.. i dun mind taking the job... earns millions ley, end of the day if cannot solve, there is always the "we cannot fight against nature" thingie... 1 in 50 yrs... not bad mah...

poor meh.. i dun mind taking the job... earns millions ley, end of the day if cannot solve, there is always the "we cannot fight against nature" thingie... 1 in 50 yrs... not bad mah...
Actually I was expecting him to say "Hello. I'm a ophthalmologist not a civil engineer so what do you want now? A flood in the basement carpark, the lift or your house?"